View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 12:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
MediaHound
Tally-Man

Zone: 10
Name: Jarred
BananaBucks : 1,983,378
Said "Thanks" 3,855 Times
Was Thanked 5,075 Times in 1,352 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 2,086 Times
Drummer Welcome new members to Bananas.org

This message is twofold!
First, a warm welcome to all the new members!

Second, this message is to introduce to our members a brand new feature I just whipped up here in the Bananas.org computer lab

Now all the existing threads and future threads that are posted in the Member Introductions forum have a button that looks like this:

And you guessed it, you can click that button to quickly say "Welcome to Bananas.org" to the new member who has posted their introductory thread.

This will make it very quick and easy to welcome new members. It's useful if you don't have much to say aside from "welcome", or don't really have much time to post a lengthly reply, you can do it in one click.

It is similar to the "Thanks" system many of you are familiar with. However, the "Welcome" button only appears in the Member Introductions forum and only appears for the first post in the thread. When you click it, your name appears in a list immediately below the first post as one of the members who said "Welcome" to the new member!

As goes with anything on the website, if you have any questions or comments I am very glad to hear them. And if you experience something strange with it's use, please tell me about it so I may investigate. I don't anticipate any problems with it (for now) but as we upgrade versions and the years go by, it may conflict with other things and perhaps stop working... so please tell me about it if you notice anything strange at any time.

I hope you enjoy this feature! Use it well! And - welcome new members!

Yours truly,
*Dearly Depotted*, a.hulva@coxinet.net, A942533, AaronTT, Ahava, alexizhere19, austingardener, austinl01, Backyard Banana Joe, banana13, BananaBoy71, bananalatina, BananaLee, banfan, barrie, beam2050, Behold, Bender, BigBananaBoy, bigshaw59, bikoro child, Blacksmoke, Blake09, Bobby Finger, boffcheck, buzzwinder, Caloosamusa, Cameron, cannasrus, cchighman, Checker55, Chironex, chong, Cindy M.R., conejov, dainasoar, damaclese, Daverama, davidjward, dax5, Deluxe_bananas, destang, dinker, D_&_T, ekk455, emls5, flaflowerfloozie, gangel0409, harveyc, island cassie, Iunepeace, jbyrd88888, JERICO, Jessedian, JIMT., Jonathan Alexander, Jonifg, jrozier, katklug, Kim, KMAC, kostantinos, kubali, KyDawn, LaBananaGwr2018, Lagniappe, Lau, lizzieA, lmswayne, Mary's Ohana Tropicals, MiamiNice57, MoeBananamama, mskitty38583, Munind, musella, Normanner, nshosamani, nutsfornanners, oakshadows, Oguejiofor farms, orominioo, Pallen, paula, RareFruitForester, Red Sky, Richard, rwhite549, sal, saltydad, scottu, skhan, Snarkie, Spu368, Steven Valys, Steyner, stumpy4700, Taylor, tgtobb, The Grove at Bo's Cove, The Hollyberry Lady, thomas stewart, TomWin, Tropical Garden Dreams, Westwood, willholly2, YodaRules, Yug, zone7Bbluejava

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors