View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 09:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
beam2050
banana cereal killer

Zone: 9b-8a
Name: walkinbeam
BananaBucks : 650
Said "Thanks" 10,695 Times
Was Thanked 3,349 Times in 1,543 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 816 Times
Default Re: UPDATE 2020 Season of my Nana Patches

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwmax View Post
Yea, just 2 nights of 27 deg temps did them in. ... This winter hasn't been severe, so I don't believe I've lost any plants. ... I think we'll see a big difference in 7 to 10 days. ... Oh, if anyone is interested, I cut the pstems to remove the upper frozen, mushy portion. This help to keep the plant a little shorter and gives more support for the new growth on the pstem. 2 plants in the pics I didn't cut as I believe they are about to bloom, another 1000 finger (tall one) and a shorter Rajapuri (raggie looking top).
yesterday was beautiful wasn't it. thot I might go naked out in the yard but it pisses me off when I can hear the laughter over the boom boxes. and one young punk once hollered HEY FAT LADY. don't ya think that was a dentrimint to my physiology.

sorry on your loss max, I have been watching a number of them that should be close to flowering. manly dw Brazilian and raja puri. I have been waiting to fertilize so I wont push them, believe I will wait until the end of feb. I have a few plants I planted last year that are doing fantastic. a cardaba that the p-stem is still green and the dw maoli that is putting out huge leaves and the monthan whitch recovers really fast after a cold snap.

2 more cold snaps are forecasted here for February and knock on my forehead 2 more easy weeks in march.

npk of wood ash 0/1/3 to 0/3/7

npk of banana leaf ash 1.75/0.75/0.5
beam2050 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To beam2050
Said thanks: