Thread: papaya X-77
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 07:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
ron_mcb
PlantamAAn

Zone: 8
BananaBucks : 94,866
Said "Thanks" 396 Times
Was Thanked 496 Times in 242 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 25 Times
Default Re: Dwarf papaya X-77

Quote:
Originally Posted by varig8 View Post
I have no idea what an "x-77" low bearing Dwarf Papaya is. Would it happen to be the Thai Dwarf? I didnt think that there were too many Dwarf Papaya at all.
Heres a photo of the Thai Dwarf, the fruit are HUGE compared to other Papaya. I have about a dozen which I started a few months ago. These germinated within a weeks time and are now aprox. 18" tall. Although I dont really care for the Papaya fruit at all (they taste like puke to me>isnt that awful?!) I am impressed with the size of the plant and the fruit. SInce I live in Miami, Im sure that none of the fruit will go to waste with all of my Latin neighbors!
no this is a Hawaiian solo variety. the fruits are not that big. the fruits appear early and they are low to the ground.

im not saying its the fastest to produce fruit.. its just that i got fruit one year in the fall from a seed planted in the spring(again not typical).. there are lots of miracle seed on eBay selling for ridiculous sums of money for just a few seed.. im giving these away so maybe people on the board can have papaya fruit to look forward to even if their bananas act up.