Welcome to the Bananas.org forums.
You're currently viewing our message boards as a guest which gives you limited access to participate in discussions and access our other features such as our wiki and photo gallery. By joining our community, you'll have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast and simple, so please ! join our community today
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Last Activity: 06-03-2019
naw mek smaddi ditate fi yuh. naw wan gwan a pawty yuh naggo.
ron_mcb's Latest Photo Gallery Uploads
Feedback Score: 1
Positive Feedback: 100%
BananaBucks / BananaBucks Shop Information
Total Points: 79.00
Biography: i dont grow trophy plants.
Location: Central Georgia
Interests: Growing palms,musa,and learning and sharing knowledge about them.
Occupation: Trying to do right by People
Banana species and cultivars grown?: 1) Gran Nain survives + genetic predisposition for non- persistent male flowers/bracts...survives
2) Dwarf cav+ genetic predisposition for persistent male flowers/bracts. survives
3) Zebrina+survives/barely comes back
4) Bordelon+survives barely/comes back.
5) Dwarf namwah + good dependable plant for zone 8
6) super dwarf cav + good housplant.
7) Black thai + rotted
8) Little prince+ nice novelty+survives+ good houseplant
9) Abyssinian/ensete M. +beautiful+tuff
10) margarita + weak plant/no cold/direct sun..uses??
11) musa sikkimensis- daj? +testing
12) Basjoo + rots too easily until est. newer clones are weak and not representative of basjoo.
13) Dwarf orinoco (5 ft.max) + tuff..mine is a more productive fruiter than some (seen lots give only a dozen fruit).
14) Tall orinoco (7-15 ft. max) + tuff.. mine has genetic predisposition for giving fire red pups.
15) Velutina+ testing
16)Siam ruby+ survived 1st year protected/ established...not hardy.
17) Musa red/white iholena +had to start over with new clone..ahh the beauty of acquiring new plants.
18) kluia hin/saba?? + decided to start fresh with new rooted corm..had probs
19) ebun musak/crocodile fingers+ healthy start. chocolate p-stem
20) blue java/ice cream+healthy starts have 2 clones separate sources.
21) rajapuri+ healthy start seems somewhat rot resistant
22) kluai hom thong son/viente cohol+ two separate sources. no cold without good protection. little egg like bananas
23) variegated musa + testing cold hardiness soon. yes i know the specific cultivar.
24)gran nain x sum+ looks like red iholena has red spots on top leaf and red fruits unlike iholena
25) another Polynesian + will share my trials this spring
26) another polynesian + share trials this spring
27) kluai nak/J. red+ not hardy but not as problematic outside tropics as people make it out to be. healthy established root system/protection is key.
ron_mcb is not a member of any public groups
All times are GMT -5. The time now is