View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 09:41 AM   #120 (permalink)
Jack Daw
I think with my banana ;)

Zone: Dfa (Köppen-geiger) <-> 7b/8a? (USDA)
Name: Jack
BananaBucks : 149,777
Said "Thanks" 2,771 Times
Was Thanked 2,436 Times in 1,346 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 383 Times
Default Re: Grafting Bananas by the Insistent Banana Grower - Mauro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro Gibo View Post
Of course, I will post all the procedures of how to do it. But first, I have to make a video of me harvesting my ripe bananas and eating them with great delight. I am quite positive this year, because the coldest days are already gone. After February 15, the Japanese apricot tree starts blooming. That means that the weather will get warmer everyday. First I choose the 2 pups of about the same size and split the corms with a disinfected knife, tie them together and control the growth of the rootstock without killing it. I am not a botanist so I have no scientific knowlege of the behavior of the plant. But I believe that the cells of the bananas can recognize a friend from a foe. I let them exchange cells for 2 or three months then I stop the growth of the rootstock completely by cutting it down every time it grows and let the scion grow freely. Later on I will give you more specified information. I rely a lot on intuition. If you try, please have in mind that the environment is also very important for the growth and fusion of the banana pups.
Bye for now.
Hope to hear from you again.
Please wish me luck, I need it very much.
Good luck, pal, I hope you'll be succesful!

Zeitgeist - Corporatocracy 101 (~2hrs)

Zeitgeist - Moving Forward (~2.5hrs)
Jack Daw is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Jack Daw
Said thanks: