View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 09:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
nph
 
nph's Avatar
 
Zone: 8
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 364
BananaBucks : 294,774
Feedback: 1 / 100%
Said "Thanks" 22 Times
Was Thanked 365 Times in 173 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 3 Times
Default How late to dig up Pups?

I have found some great Pups at my (I think) gold Finger as well as one of my Gran Nain. Even though I will experiment with both to see if I can keep some p-stem alive during winter it is still a gamble since I live in north Dallas.
Depending on web site i check it is either zone 7b or 8a.

I want to try and keep one pup of each alive during winter in case my experiment with p-stem fails.
But since I will be traveling for over two weeks in beginning of July I was wondering if I should dig up the pups now or after I get back?
When is too late to dig up a pup or is there something like a pup too big?
I am not concerned about the Gran Nain since there is 0% probability of it flowering this year given it's size even though it grows great!
But the gold Finger I have a p-stem of almost 6 feet since it grew in my garage last winter so I dont want to risk it in case it does decide to bloom.
So can I wait until I get back or what is your recommendation?
nph is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To nph
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:
   

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here


Sponsors