Bananas.org

Welcome to the Bananas.org forums.

You're currently viewing our message boards as a guest which gives you limited access to participate in discussions and access our other features such as our wiki and photo gallery. By joining our community, you'll have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Go Back   Bananas.org > Other Topics > Other Plants
The Facebook Platform
Register Photo Gallery Classifieds Wiki Chat Map Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Other Plants Discussion of all other types of plants besides bananas.


Members currently in the chatroom: 0
The most chatters online in one day was 17, 09-06-2009.
No one is currently using the chat.

Reply   Email this Page Email this Page
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2017, 08:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
 
Location: Long Island, New York
Zone: 11720
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 42
BananaBucks : 2,190
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 63 Times
Was Thanked 70 Times in 36 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Asimina Triloba (Paw Paw)









Hey, people! I just wanted to post some update pictures of the Pawpaw tree that had been struggling.. I removed the shade cloth to see how the tree would do in full sun.. so far the tree is doing very well! The shoots that were growing slowly sped up and are now 4-6 inches of new growth! I used the organic jobes acid loving formula.. that was like 3-4 weeks ago though.. mainly I used for the past 4 weeks every week I put seaweed and fish fertilizer down on the tree and I always water it really well.. try to keep the soil moist.. I just wanted to post this update because there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information on Pawpaws so any way this could help someone with their own pawpaws I hope it does.. I guess the main problem was that the tree needed fertilizer and the soil needed to be enriched and the ph needed to be closer to acidic soil.. Wish you guys luck with whatever you're growing!
Eric1221 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Eric1221
Said thanks:
Old 07-14-2017, 03:51 AM   #22 (permalink)
 
luisport's Avatar
 
Location: Fatima, Portugal
Zone: 9b
Name: Luis
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 401
BananaBucks : 21,882
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 2,059 Times
Was Thanked 523 Times in 254 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 323 Times
Default Re: Asimina Triloba (Paw Paw)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=d8CKs5S74v8

Paw Paw- The Strongest Anti-Cancer Plant?
As if those aren’t enough, Paw Paw bark may be of the strongest anti-cancer substances out there, sharing similar traits to the now-famous, exotic South American Graviola tree leaves and twigs (the tree that produces the Soursop fruit). In fact, a large-scale Purdue University study found that it had the strongest anti-cancer abilities of any such fruit/plant on the North and South American continents, even more than soursop/graviola in vitro.


Two studies published in 1997 by a Purdue University researcher Dr. Jerry McLaughlin, who has published more than 330 scientific papers and secured several patents for his work, and a doctoral student, and found that compounds in the bark of the tree showed preliminary success in fighting against drug-resistant cancers.

“The Paw Paw compounds are not only effective in killing tumors that have proven resistant to anti-cancer agents, but they also seem to have a special affinity for such resistant cells,” an article on the Purdue News website noted.

Over 40 anti-cancer compounds were found in Paw Paw bark, although McLaughlin noted that cancer cells are very complex and difficult to kill in humans. A follow-up study was undertaken, but not enough has been done as of yet to determine the ultimate effects in humans.
This “Tropical” Midwestern Fruit is the Strongest Against Cancer Cells on Two Continents, Study Says | AltHealthWorks.com
__________________
Bananas:
Lacatan, Rajapuri, Williams, 2 Dwarf Brazilian, Dwarf Orinoco, Cardaba, Blue Java, Goldfinger, Pisang Ceylon, Madeira Primitive (Robusta), Praying Hands, Hua Moa, Dwarf Namwah, Siam Ruby, Super Dwarf Cavendish

Mango:
Gomera 1, Maha Chanook, Nam Doc Mai 4, Valencia Pride

Avocado:
Bacon

Paw Paw:
Sunflower, Prima 12 16, Wabash. Will have Overleese, Mango, Susquehanna, Shenandoah, Sibley, Halvin, Tollgate, Greenriver Belle, Potomac, Lynns Favoritte

Jujube:
Li, Lang
luisport is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To luisport
Said thanks:
Old 07-14-2017, 03:59 AM   #23 (permalink)
 
luisport's Avatar
 
Location: Fatima, Portugal
Zone: 9b
Name: Luis
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 401
BananaBucks : 21,882
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 2,059 Times
Was Thanked 523 Times in 254 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 323 Times
Default Re: Asimina Triloba (Paw Paw)

I already have Sunflower, Prima 12 16 and Wabash, and will have Overleese, Mango, Susquehanna, Sibley, Halvin, Tollgate, and Belle.
__________________
Bananas:
Lacatan, Rajapuri, Williams, 2 Dwarf Brazilian, Dwarf Orinoco, Cardaba, Blue Java, Goldfinger, Pisang Ceylon, Madeira Primitive (Robusta), Praying Hands, Hua Moa, Dwarf Namwah, Siam Ruby, Super Dwarf Cavendish

Mango:
Gomera 1, Maha Chanook, Nam Doc Mai 4, Valencia Pride

Avocado:
Bacon

Paw Paw:
Sunflower, Prima 12 16, Wabash. Will have Overleese, Mango, Susquehanna, Shenandoah, Sibley, Halvin, Tollgate, Greenriver Belle, Potomac, Lynns Favoritte

Jujube:
Li, Lang
luisport is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To luisport
Said thanks:
Old 07-14-2017, 08:33 PM   #24 (permalink)
 
Location: Long Island, New York
Zone: 11720
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 42
BananaBucks : 2,190
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 63 Times
Was Thanked 70 Times in 36 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Asimina Triloba (Paw Paw)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisport View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=d8CKs5S74v8

Paw Paw- The Strongest Anti-Cancer Plant?
As if those aren’t enough, Paw Paw bark may be of the strongest anti-cancer substances out there, sharing similar traits to the now-famous, exotic South American Graviola tree leaves and twigs (the tree that produces the Soursop fruit). In fact, a large-scale Purdue University study found that it had the strongest anti-cancer abilities of any such fruit/plant on the North and South American continents, even more than soursop/graviola in vitro.


Two studies published in 1997 by a Purdue University researcher Dr. Jerry McLaughlin, who has published more than 330 scientific papers and secured several patents for his work, and a doctoral student, and found that compounds in the bark of the tree showed preliminary success in fighting against drug-resistant cancers.

“The Paw Paw compounds are not only effective in killing tumors that have proven resistant to anti-cancer agents, but they also seem to have a special affinity for such resistant cells,” an article on the Purdue News website noted.

Over 40 anti-cancer compounds were found in Paw Paw bark, although McLaughlin noted that cancer cells are very complex and difficult to kill in humans. A follow-up study was undertaken, but not enough has been done as of yet to determine the ultimate effects in humans.
This “Tropical” Midwestern Fruit is the Strongest Against Cancer Cells on Two Continents, Study Says | AltHealthWorks.com
Thank you for posting this information and giving your input. There's a good book you may want to look into called "Your Fourth Choice" that explains how Pawpaw is used as an alternative cancer treatment. It was very interesting! It is very cool to think that Pawpaw, a Native American fruit tree that has been here for thousands of years provides us with nutrition and disease fighting but so many people have no clue what this fruit is.. thanks again for the info
Eric1221 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Eric1221
Said thanks:
Old 07-14-2017, 08:36 PM   #25 (permalink)
 
Location: Long Island, New York
Zone: 11720
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 42
BananaBucks : 2,190
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 63 Times
Was Thanked 70 Times in 36 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Asimina Triloba (Paw Paw)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisport View Post
I already have Sunflower, Prima 12 16 and Wabash, and will have Overleese, Mango, Susquehanna, Sibley, Halvin, Tollgate, and Belle.
Very nice ! Are they all producing fruit? Have you ever seen cracking of the graft on your paw paw trees? I purchased ksu Atwood pawpaw and I noticed this year that the base of the tree the baby trunk where the tree was grafted onto the other seedling.. there is a crack that started to emerge and the wood is peeling back leaving a dark brown exposed area. It looks as though the tree is sealing off the wood and healing but I was concerned that the tree was stressed and that the trunk was cracking.. I didn't know what it was.. apparently this is normal at the graft union or that is what I was told by ksu pawpaw research Facebook page.. the tree is growing well despite the initial start in the season where it was looking sick but now that I saw that cracking trunk I was like "What the hell is this?!" lol
Eric1221 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Eric1221
Said thanks:
Old 07-15-2017, 03:55 AM   #26 (permalink)
 
luisport's Avatar
 
Location: Fatima, Portugal
Zone: 9b
Name: Luis
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 401
BananaBucks : 21,882
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 2,059 Times
Was Thanked 523 Times in 254 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 323 Times
Default Re: Asimina Triloba (Paw Paw)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric1221 View Post
Very nice ! Are they all producing fruit? Have you ever seen cracking of the graft on your paw paw trees? I purchased ksu Atwood pawpaw and I noticed this year that the base of the tree the baby trunk where the tree was grafted onto the other seedling.. there is a crack that started to emerge and the wood is peeling back leaving a dark brown exposed area. It looks as though the tree is sealing off the wood and healing but I was concerned that the tree was stressed and that the trunk was cracking.. I didn't know what it was.. apparently this is normal at the graft union or that is what I was told by ksu pawpaw research Facebook page.. the tree is growing well despite the initial start in the season where it was looking sick but now that I saw that cracking trunk I was like "What the hell is this?!" lol
Hi! Hello Eric, thank you very much for your reply! The ones that i think will produce next year will be the sunflower and prima. My two sunflower trees gave flowers but falled for the first time this year. Next year i shoud be more lucky i hope! I didn´t know they could crack! I didn't see that on my trees... at least untill now!
__________________
Bananas:
Lacatan, Rajapuri, Williams, 2 Dwarf Brazilian, Dwarf Orinoco, Cardaba, Blue Java, Goldfinger, Pisang Ceylon, Madeira Primitive (Robusta), Praying Hands, Hua Moa, Dwarf Namwah, Siam Ruby, Super Dwarf Cavendish

Mango:
Gomera 1, Maha Chanook, Nam Doc Mai 4, Valencia Pride

Avocado:
Bacon

Paw Paw:
Sunflower, Prima 12 16, Wabash. Will have Overleese, Mango, Susquehanna, Shenandoah, Sibley, Halvin, Tollgate, Greenriver Belle, Potomac, Lynns Favoritte

Jujube:
Li, Lang
luisport is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To luisport
Said thanks:
Old 07-15-2017, 07:31 AM   #27 (permalink)
 
luisport's Avatar
 
Location: Fatima, Portugal
Zone: 9b
Name: Luis
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 401
BananaBucks : 21,882
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 2,059 Times
Was Thanked 523 Times in 254 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 323 Times
Default Re: Asimina Triloba (Paw Paw)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QBIZe8Wx9Y


Your Fourth Choice
__________________
Bananas:
Lacatan, Rajapuri, Williams, 2 Dwarf Brazilian, Dwarf Orinoco, Cardaba, Blue Java, Goldfinger, Pisang Ceylon, Madeira Primitive (Robusta), Praying Hands, Hua Moa, Dwarf Namwah, Siam Ruby, Super Dwarf Cavendish

Mango:
Gomera 1, Maha Chanook, Nam Doc Mai 4, Valencia Pride

Avocado:
Bacon

Paw Paw:
Sunflower, Prima 12 16, Wabash. Will have Overleese, Mango, Susquehanna, Shenandoah, Sibley, Halvin, Tollgate, Greenriver Belle, Potomac, Lynns Favoritte

Jujube:
Li, Lang
luisport is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To luisport
Said thanks:
Old 07-15-2017, 02:39 PM   #28 (permalink)
 
Location: Long Island, New York
Zone: 11720
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 42
BananaBucks : 2,190
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 63 Times
Was Thanked 70 Times in 36 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Asimina Triloba (Paw Paw)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisport View Post
Hi! Hello Eric, thank you very much for your reply! The ones that i think will produce next year will be the sunflower and prima. My two sunflower trees gave flowers but falled for the first time this year. Next year i shoud be more lucky i hope! I didn´t know they could crack! I didn't see that on my trees... at least untill now!
I really hope you get your first Pawpaw crop next year.. this tree and the fruit sound almost too good to be true.. waiting for that crop feels like forever.. I only planted the 3 trees I have now last year lol. I also planted Susquehanna pawpaw seeds from peaceful heritage this year in may and now I am starting to see 3 of the 10 seeds I planted coming up.. very exciting lol.. You have a lot of good cultivars! How long have you had your trees? Any growing advice?
Eric1221 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Eric1221
Said thanks:
Old 07-15-2017, 03:55 PM   #29 (permalink)
 
luisport's Avatar
 
Location: Fatima, Portugal
Zone: 9b
Name: Luis
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 401
BananaBucks : 21,882
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 2,059 Times
Was Thanked 523 Times in 254 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 323 Times
Default Re: Asimina Triloba (Paw Paw)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric1221 View Post
I really hope you get your first Pawpaw crop next year.. this tree and the fruit sound almost too good to be true.. waiting for that crop feels like forever.. I only planted the 3 trees I have now last year lol. I also planted Susquehanna pawpaw seeds from peaceful heritage this year in may and now I am starting to see 3 of the 10 seeds I planted coming up.. very exciting lol.. You have a lot of good cultivars! How long have you had your trees? Any growing advice?
My bigest sunflower trees i got them as small plants 4 years ago. My prima is big but i bought it last month. Maby next year i will get fruit too... i will get more big trees from other varieties.
My experience is very little. I see that they like a lot of whater specialy during our hot days and some shadow too...
__________________
Bananas:
Lacatan, Rajapuri, Williams, 2 Dwarf Brazilian, Dwarf Orinoco, Cardaba, Blue Java, Goldfinger, Pisang Ceylon, Madeira Primitive (Robusta), Praying Hands, Hua Moa, Dwarf Namwah, Siam Ruby, Super Dwarf Cavendish

Mango:
Gomera 1, Maha Chanook, Nam Doc Mai 4, Valencia Pride

Avocado:
Bacon

Paw Paw:
Sunflower, Prima 12 16, Wabash. Will have Overleese, Mango, Susquehanna, Shenandoah, Sibley, Halvin, Tollgate, Greenriver Belle, Potomac, Lynns Favoritte

Jujube:
Li, Lang
luisport is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To luisport
Said thanks:
Old 07-18-2017, 10:10 AM   #30 (permalink)
 
luisport's Avatar
 
Location: Fatima, Portugal
Zone: 9b
Name: Luis
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 401
BananaBucks : 21,882
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 2,059 Times
Was Thanked 523 Times in 254 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 323 Times
Default Re: Asimina Triloba (Paw Paw)

I'm very very enthusiastic about this fruit tree and the variability on flavour regarding this fruit. I'm shure that leaves and bark will be used on industry to make insecticids and anti-cancer drugs. Another thing i see that will expand is the comercialization of freezed pulp, ice cream, jams, alcoolic beverages like paw paw beer... The possibilities of this tree is amazing!
__________________
Bananas:
Lacatan, Rajapuri, Williams, 2 Dwarf Brazilian, Dwarf Orinoco, Cardaba, Blue Java, Goldfinger, Pisang Ceylon, Madeira Primitive (Robusta), Praying Hands, Hua Moa, Dwarf Namwah, Siam Ruby, Super Dwarf Cavendish

Mango:
Gomera 1, Maha Chanook, Nam Doc Mai 4, Valencia Pride

Avocado:
Bacon

Paw Paw:
Sunflower, Prima 12 16, Wabash. Will have Overleese, Mango, Susquehanna, Shenandoah, Sibley, Halvin, Tollgate, Greenriver Belle, Potomac, Lynns Favoritte

Jujube:
Li, Lang
luisport is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To luisport
Said thanks:
Old 07-18-2017, 11:32 AM   #31 (permalink)
 
Location: Pennsylvania
Zone: 6
Name: Erik
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 208
BananaBucks : 21,221
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 150 Times
Was Thanked 351 Times in 113 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 16 Times
Default Re: Asimina Triloba (Paw Paw)

Hey Eric,
Congrats your paw paws are great. Mine have been pushing along as well but the japanese beetles have been mowing them pretty hard. I mist them with neem oil every few days to keep them away.

Luis,
How tall was your paw paw when it first flowered? Mine are over half a meter tall (2').


Thanks,

Erik G
geissene is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To geissene
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:
   

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here


Sponsors

Old 07-18-2017, 11:38 AM   #32 (permalink)
 
luisport's Avatar
 
Location: Fatima, Portugal
Zone: 9b
Name: Luis
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 401
BananaBucks : 21,882
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 2,059 Times
Was Thanked 523 Times in 254 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 323 Times
Default Re: Asimina Triloba (Paw Paw)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geissene View Post
Hey Eric,
Congrats your paw paws are great. Mine have been pushing along as well but the japanese beetles have been mowing them pretty hard. I mist them with neem oil every few days to keep them away.

Luis,
How tall was your paw paw when it first flowered? Mine are over half a meter tall (2').


Thanks,

Erik G
Mine is 2 meters tall...
__________________
Bananas:
Lacatan, Rajapuri, Williams, 2 Dwarf Brazilian, Dwarf Orinoco, Cardaba, Blue Java, Goldfinger, Pisang Ceylon, Madeira Primitive (Robusta), Praying Hands, Hua Moa, Dwarf Namwah, Siam Ruby, Super Dwarf Cavendish

Mango:
Gomera 1, Maha Chanook, Nam Doc Mai 4, Valencia Pride

Avocado:
Bacon

Paw Paw:
Sunflower, Prima 12 16, Wabash. Will have Overleese, Mango, Susquehanna, Shenandoah, Sibley, Halvin, Tollgate, Greenriver Belle, Potomac, Lynns Favoritte

Jujube:
Li, Lang
luisport is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To luisport
Said thanks:
Old 07-19-2017, 08:16 PM   #33 (permalink)
 
Location: Long Island, New York
Zone: 11720
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 42
BananaBucks : 2,190
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 63 Times
Was Thanked 70 Times in 36 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Asimina Triloba (Paw Paw)









Just posting more pictures of the Pawpaws to show how big they are.. they really put on some growth this year ! Not to annoy you guys I'm just very excited about the growth of these trees and showing you how big they are.. there are three of them all close to one another.. about 5-6 feet from one another.. they were freshly watered here lol
Eric1221 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Eric1221
Said thanks:
Old 07-20-2017, 08:53 AM   #34 (permalink)
 
luisport's Avatar
 
Location: Fatima, Portugal
Zone: 9b
Name: Luis
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 401
BananaBucks : 21,882
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 2,059 Times
Was Thanked 523 Times in 254 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 323 Times
Default Re: Asimina Triloba (Paw Paw)

A paw paw fruit farm in Switzerland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPGmo-paawc
__________________
Bananas:
Lacatan, Rajapuri, Williams, 2 Dwarf Brazilian, Dwarf Orinoco, Cardaba, Blue Java, Goldfinger, Pisang Ceylon, Madeira Primitive (Robusta), Praying Hands, Hua Moa, Dwarf Namwah, Siam Ruby, Super Dwarf Cavendish

Mango:
Gomera 1, Maha Chanook, Nam Doc Mai 4, Valencia Pride

Avocado:
Bacon

Paw Paw:
Sunflower, Prima 12 16, Wabash. Will have Overleese, Mango, Susquehanna, Shenandoah, Sibley, Halvin, Tollgate, Greenriver Belle, Potomac, Lynns Favoritte

Jujube:
Li, Lang
luisport is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To luisport
Said thanks:
Old 07-21-2017, 09:18 AM   #35 (permalink)
 
luisport's Avatar
 
Location: Fatima, Portugal
Zone: 9b
Name: Luis
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 401
BananaBucks : 21,882
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 2,059 Times
Was Thanked 523 Times in 254 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 323 Times
Default Re: Asimina Triloba (Paw Paw)

I'm on the way to buy a potomac paw paw tree! Any one tryed this var or have this tree?
__________________
Bananas:
Lacatan, Rajapuri, Williams, 2 Dwarf Brazilian, Dwarf Orinoco, Cardaba, Blue Java, Goldfinger, Pisang Ceylon, Madeira Primitive (Robusta), Praying Hands, Hua Moa, Dwarf Namwah, Siam Ruby, Super Dwarf Cavendish

Mango:
Gomera 1, Maha Chanook, Nam Doc Mai 4, Valencia Pride

Avocado:
Bacon

Paw Paw:
Sunflower, Prima 12 16, Wabash. Will have Overleese, Mango, Susquehanna, Shenandoah, Sibley, Halvin, Tollgate, Greenriver Belle, Potomac, Lynns Favoritte

Jujube:
Li, Lang
luisport is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To luisport
Said thanks:
Sponsors

Old 07-21-2017, 10:08 AM   #36 (permalink)
 
luisport's Avatar
 
Location: Fatima, Portugal
Zone: 9b
Name: Luis
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 401
BananaBucks : 21,882
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 2,059 Times
Was Thanked 523 Times in 254 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 323 Times
Default Re: Asimina Triloba (Paw Paw)

Great pawpaw ebook: https://books.google.pt/books?id=Nt4...0fruit&f=false
__________________
Bananas:
Lacatan, Rajapuri, Williams, 2 Dwarf Brazilian, Dwarf Orinoco, Cardaba, Blue Java, Goldfinger, Pisang Ceylon, Madeira Primitive (Robusta), Praying Hands, Hua Moa, Dwarf Namwah, Siam Ruby, Super Dwarf Cavendish

Mango:
Gomera 1, Maha Chanook, Nam Doc Mai 4, Valencia Pride

Avocado:
Bacon

Paw Paw:
Sunflower, Prima 12 16, Wabash. Will have Overleese, Mango, Susquehanna, Shenandoah, Sibley, Halvin, Tollgate, Greenriver Belle, Potomac, Lynns Favoritte

Jujube:
Li, Lang
luisport is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To luisport
Said thanks:
Old Yesterday, 10:52 AM   #37 (permalink)
 
Location: Long Island, New York
Zone: 11720
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 42
BananaBucks : 2,190
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 63 Times
Was Thanked 70 Times in 36 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Asimina Triloba (Paw Paw)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisport View Post
I'm on the way to buy a potomac paw paw tree! Any one tryed this var or have this tree?
I don't have this tree but I think that is one of the largest fruits for Peterson Pawpaw trees.. I think the average fruit is 235/g fruit and that's average so that's pretty amazing for a fruit to be so large lol
Eric1221 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Eric1221
Said thanks:
Old Yesterday, 11:25 AM   #38 (permalink)
 
luisport's Avatar
 
Location: Fatima, Portugal
Zone: 9b
Name: Luis
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 401
BananaBucks : 21,882
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 2,059 Times
Was Thanked 523 Times in 254 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 323 Times
Default Re: Asimina Triloba (Paw Paw)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric1221 View Post
I don't have this tree but I think that is one of the largest fruits for Peterson Pawpaw trees.. I think the average fruit is 235/g fruit and that's average so that's pretty amazing for a fruit to be so large lol
Thank you for your reply! Yes i know it's big and it's a peterson's paw paw so it must be good. Another very big paw paw variety is mammoth, but i think there are no trees of it here in Europe.

By the way any one knows the best rootstock to graft paw paw trees? Thank's!
__________________
Bananas:
Lacatan, Rajapuri, Williams, 2 Dwarf Brazilian, Dwarf Orinoco, Cardaba, Blue Java, Goldfinger, Pisang Ceylon, Madeira Primitive (Robusta), Praying Hands, Hua Moa, Dwarf Namwah, Siam Ruby, Super Dwarf Cavendish

Mango:
Gomera 1, Maha Chanook, Nam Doc Mai 4, Valencia Pride

Avocado:
Bacon

Paw Paw:
Sunflower, Prima 12 16, Wabash. Will have Overleese, Mango, Susquehanna, Shenandoah, Sibley, Halvin, Tollgate, Greenriver Belle, Potomac, Lynns Favoritte

Jujube:
Li, Lang
luisport is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To luisport
Said thanks:
Old Yesterday, 12:40 PM   #39 (permalink)
 
Location: Long Island, New York
Zone: 11720
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 42
BananaBucks : 2,190
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 63 Times
Was Thanked 70 Times in 36 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Asimina Triloba (Paw Paw)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisport View Post
Thank you for your reply! Yes i know it's big and it's a peterson's paw paw so it must be good. Another very big paw paw variety is mammoth, but i think there are no trees of it here in Europe.

By the way any one knows the best rootstock to graft paw paw trees? Thank's!
The only cultivar I have is KSU-ATWOOD.. the two other pawpaws I got were from amazon from Hirt's garden.. one of the two hirt's pawpaws has really strong growth and big and beautiful leaves so I'm really hoping the fruit is excellent.. I also planted seeds from Susquehanna pawpaw seeds from peaceful heritage.. so someday when those trees are larger and fruit the fruit should be excellent too.. the rootstock question - If you had a specific tree that had excellent growth like 16-24 inches of growth in a season that would be a great cultivar to graft onto because it will grow quicker.. I think also having rootstock that is adapted to the zone and region you are from is helpful because it assures the tree will be able to adapt and thrive wherever you are.. Plus the rootstock may sucker some day and that will be a new variety if it ever flowers and makes fruits from the graft on the original rootstock..
Eric1221 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Eric1221
Said thanks:
Old Yesterday, 12:46 PM   #40 (permalink)
 
luisport's Avatar
 
Location: Fatima, Portugal
Zone: 9b
Name: Luis
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 401
BananaBucks : 21,882
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 2,059 Times
Was Thanked 523 Times in 254 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 323 Times
Default Re: Asimina Triloba (Paw Paw)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric1221 View Post
The only cultivar I have is KSU-ATWOOD.. the two other pawpaws I got were from amazon from Hirt's garden.. one of the two hirt's pawpaws has really strong growth and big and beautiful leaves so I'm really hoping the fruit is excellent.. I also planted seeds from Susquehanna pawpaw seeds from peaceful heritage.. so someday when those trees are larger and fruit the fruit should be excellent too.. the rootstock question - If you had a specific tree that had excellent growth like 16-24 inches of growth in a season that would be a great cultivar to graft onto because it will grow quicker.. I think also having rootstock that is adapted to the zone and region you are from is helpful because it assures the tree will be able to adapt and thrive wherever you are.. Plus the rootstock may sucker some day and that will be a new variety if it ever flowers and makes fruits from the graft on the original rootstock..
Hi Eric you are helping me a lot! Thank you for your rootstock ideas! Did you see my paw paw farm thread? Thank you very much!
__________________
Bananas:
Lacatan, Rajapuri, Williams, 2 Dwarf Brazilian, Dwarf Orinoco, Cardaba, Blue Java, Goldfinger, Pisang Ceylon, Madeira Primitive (Robusta), Praying Hands, Hua Moa, Dwarf Namwah, Siam Ruby, Super Dwarf Cavendish

Mango:
Gomera 1, Maha Chanook, Nam Doc Mai 4, Valencia Pride

Avocado:
Bacon

Paw Paw:
Sunflower, Prima 12 16, Wabash. Will have Overleese, Mango, Susquehanna, Shenandoah, Sibley, Halvin, Tollgate, Greenriver Belle, Potomac, Lynns Favoritte

Jujube:
Li, Lang
luisport is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To luisport
Said thanks:
Reply   Email this Page Email this Page

Previous Thread: Li Jujube
Next Thread: Paw Paw Farm sugestions





Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Asimina species trava Other Plants Wanted 1 10-21-2014 07:57 PM
Asimina triloba "paw paw" NeedForSeed Other Plants 12 03-02-2011 10:59 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 AM.





Follow us:
Twitter YouTube

All content © Bananas.org & the respective author.