View Single Post
Old 12-21-2006, 10:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
Pithy_Cherub

BananaBucks : 8,218
Said "Thanks" 18 Times
Was Thanked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Cold Re: Cold weather damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaJW View Post
I have a bad habit of waiting until like, midnight, to go out there. Of course by then it's so cold I bundle up like I'm in a blizzard. LOL!
Last night I was thinking that if any of the neighbors happened to look out, they'd really know I'm bananas!!! Crazy woman running around in the middle of the night wrapping blankets and fabric around the plants. And covering the leaves of the smaller ones. Oh, and I do talk to the plants while I'm doing that stuff. LOL!!!

Okay ... you're not alone - another crazy lady here!

One of my neighbors actually told me he had decided I was 'crazy but harmless' when he saw me putting Xmas lights on my plants (nanas, varie lemon, varie hibiscus, etc) instead of the trees, windows, or eaves. And topping that off w/blankets & sheets, or in the lemon's case - a patio umbrella to provide some shielding!

He decided that maybe I just had a 'slight' case of crazy after I took he & his wife some fudge ... chocolate helps you to get away with just about anything - including talking to your plants as you're tucking them away for the night!
Pithy_Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Pithy_Cherub