Thread: opinions
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 11:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
ron_mcb
PlantamAAn

Zone: 8
BananaBucks : 94,879
Said "Thanks" 396 Times
Was Thanked 496 Times in 242 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 25 Times
Default Re: opinions

i removed one of the big stalks from the mat in hopes of getting this thing to flower.... now i have a flag leaf from the unknown.. soon i will have a flower then fruit..this thing is a little over 5' 5'' in height it has a yellowish midrib. it has extra wide looking leaves. here are recent pics.

i may just say to hell with any other cultivar i have growing and just focus on this thing. it was the first banana to start growing in the spring. believe it or not it grew from a small pup last year. i basically treated it like basjoo because thats what it was labeled as..i chopped it low and its still is gonna fruit??? this year im not gonna protect the newly separated stalk and see if it will establish itself and fruit for next year.

the powder stalked banana has grown past the fence..is almost twice as tall as me. the tallest unfurled leaf is is growing up to a service line and i still dont see a flag leaf.

Last edited by ron_mcb : 08-16-2009 at 12:19 AM.
ron_mcb is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To ron_mcb
Said thanks: