View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 07:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
lava lounge

Zone: 5
Name: Clint
BananaBucks : 22,664
Said "Thanks" 1 Times
Was Thanked 35 Times in 17 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: wHATS GOING ON WITH MY SICK BASJOO???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy0225 View Post
It's a mold or fungus. It gets in the greenhouse sometimes, usually on stubby ends of cut off things or brugmansia leaves that have fallen off and are deteriorating. I haven't really seen that it hurts anything unless your growing conditions are also bad, like really cool and overly damp, poor air circulation in the area. Then it will start attacking semi-healthy leaves. I'd say if it really bothers you a little spray of something like alcohol (rubbing, not everclear,lol) would probably stop it. Or if the plant overall is healthy, maybe the everclear for you would be better...lol...
As usual you guys were correct, I did get the fungus to stop with a little rubbing alcohol. I am still afraid that I will lose the plant possibly due to to much water and or improper placement in our house. I had my plants in a south facing window and they did well but while painting the whole house inside we had to move them and now they both seam sick but the one pictured is really bad compared to the other. There was even a rotted type spot on the top of the root ball and it just doesnt look good. Its getting nice here and I am going to place it outdoors in a sheltered area to see if actual sunlight my help. SANDY if you have more of these I may have to buy a few from you, let me know!!