View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 09:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
D.C._Palms_N_Sports_Fan
LET'S GO CAPS ! ! !

Zone: 7B/8A
Name: KJ
BananaBucks : 24,801
Said "Thanks" 48 Times
Was Thanked 72 Times in 35 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 34 Times
Send a message via AIM to D.C._Palms_N_Sports_Fan Send a message via Yahoo to D.C._Palms_N_Sports_Fan
Default Re: help on growing banana plants

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananagrower123 View Post
so if i cout the pup off and plant it somewhere else it will grow in too the mother plant too. or will it just be a pup. and will the pups grow bananas.

Well, Yes, the "pup" will grow into another "mother" plant eventually, and, eventually produce flowers and fruit just like its mother did.

You CAN remove the pups yes, however, if I understand this correctly, you should wait until the pup as at least 1 to 2 feet tall. You should also make sure that the "pup" has its own roots, attached to it too, before separating it from its mamma plant. You cant just pull it off either, you actually will have to cut the pup off/ out. Its somewhat like performing surgery on the mamma plant, espeically if the pup is directly attached to her corm.

IF you search the forums, I am sure there is plenty of information / recommendations on exactly how to remove the pup safely and at the right time.

D.C._Palms_N_Sports_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To D.C._Palms_N_Sports_Fan