View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 02:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
MediaHound
Tally-Man

Zone: 10
Name: Jarred
BananaBucks : 1,983,623
Said "Thanks" 3,855 Times
Was Thanked 5,075 Times in 1,352 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 2,086 Times
Default Anyone here a member of FAO's banana forum?

I recently found out about the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) of the United Nations' banana forum. It's an email listserv provided by the Commodities and Trade Division.

Is anyone here a member? Any info you can share about this? Seems like it may be interesting...

Here is the webpage:
http://www.fao.org/es/ESC/en/20953/2...t_28447en.html

Here is the welcome email for those that may be interested:

WELCOME TO THE BANANA FORUM
Your name has been added to the Banana Forum. The Banana Forum service is provided by the Commodities and Trade Division of the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) of the United Nations. The aim of the network is to exchange information on developments in the world's banana industry and to discuss social, economic, trade, environmental and other relevant issues in banana production and trade.
The Banana Forum service is free. However, members are expected to enhance the scope of the network by supplying information at least once every six months. Such information could be in the form of a question, an opinion, an article or an answer sent to the Forum. Please forward details of the forum to colleagues who may be interested in joining.

Contributions to the Forum should be sent to: Banana-Forum-L@mailserv.fao.org
If you send a message to the Forum, please sign with your name and organisation/company. As a general rule the addresses of Forum members will not be shared. Received requests for specific addresses of a specific participant will be forwarded to the concerned person/company/organisation, so they may give the address themselves.
The Banana Forum is not intended for private companies to use as a vehicle for undertaking market research or to promote their products.
The contributions to the Banana Forum reflect the personal views of individual members of the Forum. As such, the discussion in the Banana Forum should not be quoted in publications (for example in press reports, research documents or on internet sites).
[I will not post any other messages aside from this one on the web]
The contributions in the Banana Forum, including those made by FAO staff members in their personal capacity as members of the Forum, do not necessarily imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the FAO.

ALL USERS ARE REQUESTED TO COMPLETE AND RETURN THE REGISTRATION FORM BELOW
TO:
Banana-Forum-L@mailserv.fao.org (do not reply to this welcome message)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Banana Forum Registration Form

NAME:
My e-mail address is:
My postal address is:
COMPANY:
ADDRESS:
TEL:
FAX:

AREAS OF INTEREST:

TYPE OF INFORMATION WHICH YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE TO THE BANANA FORUM (e.g. statistics, reports, newspaper clippings, prices, ideas for more environmentally and socially responsible production and trade, certification related information etc.):

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEGIN your participation in the Banana Forum information exchange system by sending some information or a personal opinion.

Hard copy information can be send to:
Banana Forum
C/o Pascal Liu, ESCR
FAO - Room D848
Viale delle Terme di Caracalla
00100 Rome
Italy
Tel: ++39 0657055957 Fax: ++39 0657054495
E-mail: pascal.liu@fao.org
Should you wish to stop receiving messages from the Banana Forum, send the following
message (leaving the subject blank) to: mailserv@mailserv.fao.org
unsubscribe Banana-Forum-L

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors