Thread: BananaBucks
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 09:33 PM   #153 (permalink)
modenacart

Zone: 8
BananaBucks : 75,265
Said "Thanks" 26 Times
Was Thanked 77 Times in 57 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: BananaBucks

Unless you use a hefeweizen yeast, its suppose to make banana and clove easters and phenals flavors. How much is your choice by controling the temperature.

I just finished a California Common and I have a hefeweizen carbonating right now. Next I think I will make a pale ale. Price of grain has gone through the roof though and hops are expensive now too.

$0.35 per 160z glass is a great price. You must have a great homebrew store near you. I live in a pretty small town so I have to take what I can get. No way can I make it for that cheap and I get my bags of base malt in 55 lb sacks. Price of grain went from $55/55lbs to $75/55lb bag. I am not doing it for the cost though, its a hobbie. It runs me about $0.60/bottle not counting propane and water, but I am sure they are not the bulk of the cost. I just started growing Kent Goldings and Hallertauer so I hope to get my hop cost down. Maybe I will start reusing yeast. I don't really have a place to store it right now. If I can get those costs down I am down to about $.30/bottle.

Last edited by modenacart : 05-18-2008 at 09:40 PM.
modenacart is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To modenacart
Said thanks: