View Single Post
Old 12-09-2022, 06:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
oblivion

BananaBucks : 1,804
Said "Thanks" 3 Times
Was Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default new supplies, preparing for plant arrival.

I got some supplies today to prepare the pots ready for the plant's arrival.

2x super dwarf nathan (cavendish) about 20cm tall.

https://www.daleysfruit.com.au/buy/d...ana-nathan.htm

i got another bale of canadian peat moss.
2x water saver pots, 23ltrs
it gets hot in oz and should help prevent them drying out too quick if i forget to water one day. i use water saver troughs for my carnivore plants (pure peat moss/sand 50/50 mix) to stop the soil drying out on them.

2x bags of cacti/succulent mix.
1x chicken poo
1x compost
2x small 5ltr perlite bags.

was thinking of using the cacti mix with a couple of handfuls of compost and chicken poo, and probably half to a whole bag of perlite depending on how it all looks, and a couple of handfuls of peat thrown in for good measure.
should hopefully end up with a fertile soil that holds moisture but is free draining.
unfortunately im out of silica sand that i use in my fly traps/carnivore plants, or i would have used that instead of perlite.

any thoughts or suggestions?

Last edited by oblivion : 12-09-2022 at 06:31 AM.
oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To oblivion
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors