View Single Post
Old 12-12-2020, 02:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
twotallgirls

Zone: 10A
BananaBucks : 18,328
Said "Thanks" 7 Times
Was Thanked 206 Times in 69 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 5 Times
Default Peepers stalled?

So my Goldfinger has 2 tiny “peepers” that just sit there. I assumed they’d be the usual suckers that grow up but no such luck. They popped up over 7 month ago (June) to about 2-3 inches and then nothing. The mother gave me a great / tasty bunch last year and two “normal” pups shot right up after I cut her down. Eventually, these peepers emerged off of them but stalled at 2 inches. I believe my water, soil, fertilizer, heat, mulch are all good, the only issue may be a little shade by parents. But so are many of my other varieties and the pups ALL grow up fast and furious here in South Florida. I mean, 7 months nothing? Anything I might need to do to get them moving or is it really just patience / leave alone. Thinking of potting one up just to get things moving but to be honest, never potted a pup this small. Can you have success potting pups this small?

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors