View Single Post
Old 11-13-2020, 12:32 PM   #19 (permalink)
MediaHound
Tally-Man

Zone: 10
Name: Jarred
BananaBucks : 1,988,971
Said "Thanks" 3,855 Times
Was Thanked 5,078 Times in 1,352 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 2,086 Times
Default Re: Why was this site down for 3 days?

Hi guys. I did not add any more ads here in years, but Google (the ad service) determines where they appear, using new technology of theirs they can inject them in different places. So that explains if you see ads in different locations than usual.
As for the site, yes it is not the best performing and yes it goes down at times. The issue is we have a very old software that powers the site, it's no secret that it needs updating. The problem with doing an upgrade is that it requires a massive amount of work to upgrade things while make all the parts of the site just work as they do now. For example, we have a wiki and a photo gallery and some other smaller features that are heavily integrated with the forums. Upgrading the forum would cause those aspects to stop working, or require a massive amount of work on those parts of the site as well to get it all working in a familiar way.
I just do not have the resources these days to dedicate to doing all that.