View Single Post
Old 10-30-2020, 09:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
*Dearly Depotted*

Zone: 6A
Name: Mary
BananaBucks : 95,950
Said "Thanks" 607 Times
Was Thanked 442 Times in 301 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 8 Times
Talking Re: Question about a pineapple plant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yug View Post
The local growers I've talked to tell me that a sucker will grow into a fruiting plant much faster than growing them from a discarded pineapple top. I wouldn't know, I've never done a comparison.

Also, if you get the older spiny varieties (the spiny-ness was bred out of many varieties), you can plant them under windows to strongly discourage burglars.
Well, that’s good to know! I guess if you think about it, it does makes some sense! The pup was already established with roots and stuff compared to top that has to start growing it’s own roots and isn’t established. So now I’m glad I bought some already growing plants! I should have a better start then! Hey, either way you should end up with a nice plant though!

OMG! You comment about planting spiny plants under the window is hilarious! I love it! You’re right it certainly would cause them to not want to bother with you or your house! Great idea!