Thread: New Banana Mom
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 10:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
*Dearly Depotted*

Zone: 6A
Name: Mary
BananaBucks : 98,288
Said "Thanks" 607 Times
Was Thanked 442 Times in 301 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 8 Times
Default Re: New Banana Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarostkaD View Post
I bought a house in South Austin in early August that has beautiful bananas around the pool and on the side. Of course this is during the hottest part of the Texas summer with the temps over 100 every day and me trying to figure out the not ideal sprinkler system and keep them alive.

Right now they are very wilty (will take some pictures later) and I don't know if that the natural cycle or if something is wrong. I also don't know if I should cut them all down/back or just clean up wilty and dead leaves.

I'm a new banana mom who didn't have 9 months to plan for this! lol

Will try to link to the image:

Banana Gallery - StarostkaD Gallery"]Banana Gallery - StarostkaD Gallery[/url]
Hi! Glad to see another new woman on here! Besides me that is! Anyway, I am not trying to be mean but I’ve wanted to say this from the first time I read your post. Your joke about not having 9 months in advance to learn to take care of your banana babies, sorry to say is dumb. I’m sure you were only joking but still. I wish you good luck on growing all of your plants!

Last edited by *Dearly Depotted* : 10-22-2020 at 10:26 AM.
*Dearly Depotted* is offline   Send A Private Message To *Dearly Depotted*
Said thanks: