View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 10:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Akula

Zone: Zone 9a
BananaBucks : 70,765
Said "Thanks" 2,540 Times
Was Thanked 2,381 Times in 809 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 128 Times
Default Black leaves on RP pup

My extremely fast growing RP pup (5' in two months!) has recently developed black colored edging on five of it lower leaves. The leaves above these five appear normal (great color, no bending, good form). Not really sure if its an issue or not but I have never seen this black edging develop on any of my plants before.

We had a ton of rain for about a week followed by extremely sunny and high temperature (94F or so) for the past week. I fertilize monthly with urea and potassium sulfate. The pup has a fruiting Mother plant. I noticed the leaf discoloration only this past week. I water my plants directly by hose if there has not been rain for a three day period. All other plants look great.

Akula is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Akula
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors