View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 04:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
RelaxedInTheSun

BananaBucks : 1,015
Said "Thanks" 3 Times
Was Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Blue Java concerns/anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwmax View Post
You Don't remove any green leaves even if damaged .... Dead & brown, yes. The green leaves may be torn or broken, but they are still functioning and supporting growth.

Banana plant under 30" tall should be shaded from direct sun, but with bright light. This is the way the pups would have grown under their mother plant. ... Small TC plantlets 6 to 10" tall, are a different story. They need shade & bright light while the new corm grows for about 4 or 5 months.
Right on, my mistake was not researching enough here. Damage is already done though. Luckily I have warranties on all 3 if they do end up dying.

They have been in full sun. I can throw up a little canopy with shade cloth. They are about 4 feet tall at the moment.

Not looking great/lack of green but there has been growth. I imagine this could be from too much sun and rot from removing the leaves. I do have what looks like a sword sucker coming up on one as well.

Here is a pic of all 3, any recommendations besides shading them or should I start there?

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg
RelaxedInTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To RelaxedInTheSun
Said thanks:
Sponsors