View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 02:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
edwmax

Zone: 8b
BananaBucks : 88,413
Said "Thanks" 1,741 Times
Was Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,095 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 414 Times
Default Re: Late August bloom and help I D

Looks like a BIG bunch is forming. So this indicates the plant has been well fertilized this season. ... But I think you only have time to force mature may be 3 or 4 hands. You have to be the judge. You might be able to fatten the first 2 hands in 45 days. So the question is time????

Your plants looks like it may be an Orinoco. The colors seem a little darker than usual and finger are straight & pointy (but do appear to be triangular), so may not.

I agree with the foliar spraying. You can use Miracle Grow ( mix per package direction for outdoor plant) and spray about every 4 or 5 days. ... Or Potassium Nitrate (aka: Stomp Remover); NPK 13-0-46. Make sure the Stump Remover is 100% KNo3 and no additives. ... Mix at 82 grams per gal of water (3.79 L) for a mix strength of .3%N; 1% K. Then spray about every 4 or 5 days. ... My sprays are much stronger but I'm spraying at 8 to 10 intervals. ... Start spraying as soon as you can.

Back to the bunch. cut the bud off when the male flower start forming then trim the fingers off back to the hands you want to keep.

Oh ... the white garbage bag forms a mini- greenhouse over the bunch on cool days until freezing temps move in.

Good luck.