View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 07:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
RareFruitForester

BananaBucks : 615
Said "Thanks" 70 Times
Was Thanked 13 Times in 7 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 3 Times
Default Re: Wording question on TARS 18171 African Rhino curator notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR-Giants View Post
Average fruit size declines rapidly after the first cycle, but it produces more hands and more fruit.

This characteristic is not unique to Horn plantains there are other subgroups that will also produce bunches with more hands and smaller fruit after the first cycle.
Thank you, that makes sense. It was almost unbelievable as to how it could stay a popular variety of it went went down hill from a low initial turnout.

Would separation from the mat regain the large but limited fruit characteristics? How does AR compare to other plantains in terms of flavor?

Current Nanners
Saba, Double Mahoi, Manzano, Gros Michel, Hua Moa, Truly Tiny or Princes, Raja Puri, an unconfirmed "ice cream", a balbasiana seedling I grew, a gifted unidentified plantain, and about 10+ rescue banana's

Wish List:
EVERYTHING!!!!! But i'd like to round out with some Hawaiian varieties and some plantain diversity.
RareFruitForester is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To RareFruitForester
Said thanks: