View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 12:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
HMelendez
The Banana Gang Enforcer

Zone: 10B-11
BananaBucks : 192,080
Said "Thanks" 11,104 Times
Was Thanked 5,278 Times in 1,618 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 737 Times
Default Re: An Update Of My Latest Nana Plants 2019!

*****An Update!*****

Woohooo!.....Finally!....Thanks to the very experienced Nana grower and forum member Nick (Nick Naranjas), I acquired the other African Rhino Horn Plantain Variety that I was looking for!....Also, Nick sent me The Common Harton Plantain Variety!.....Two (2) huge corms!.......Thank you Nick!....I really appreciate it!.......

The following pictures are from 01/11/2019.....

Picture when I received the huge corms.....The Common Harton Plantain (left) and The Red ARH Plantain (right).....

Common Harton Plantain corm taking a bath of water with bleach....

The Red ARH Plantain (left) and Common Harton (right) corms all cleaned up ready to be transplanted.....

The Red ARH Plantain (left) and Common Harton (right) corms transplanted on big pots using pool filter silica coarse sand and lots of perlite mix......

Now I got both ARH Plantain Varieties!......The green TARS ARH Plantain Variety (left) and The Red ARH Plantain Variety (right)!......They will be transplant close to each other in spring time!.....

A couple of pictures of both ARH Plantain Varieties as reference!.....Woohooo!....Baseball bats league!......

The Red ARH Plantain Variety!....

TARS ARH Plantain Variety (green version)......This has been verified!.....Unfortunately, I lost the mat during hurricane Irma in 2017!....I only saved the current pup that I have!.....

An Update of both corms from yesterday, 01/14/2019.....In just a couple of days, both corms are pushing out hard!....

The Red ARH Plantain corm.....

The Common Harton Plantain corm......

Also, I transplanted a small, tiny SH-3640 High Noon pup!......LOL!.....Pictures don't do justice!......A monster SH-3640 High Noon pup approx. 5 1/2 ft. tall and 10-12 pounds range, ready to be transplanted to a big pot......SH-3640 pup has a nub (pup) formed already!....

Pictures taken in 01/11/2019....

An Update picture of the Nanas in pots....
1) Front row; from left to right: Red ARH Plantain Huge corm, Common Harton Plantain Huge corm, FHIA-18 Bonanza and FHIA-17 Kabana.....
2) Back row; from left to right: TARS ARH Plantain (green version), Musa Monkey Fingers, Musa Red Kru, SH-3640 monster pup and The Mystery Nana.....

Picture from 01/13/2019....

Musa Seņorita and Musa Sumatrana X (Gran Nain + Zebrina hybrid) keeps growing nicely!.....They still growing inside in the house......

Picture from 01/13/2019....

*****An Update is coming soon!*****