View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 12:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
bananaT
Fi sti elbide, worg ti!

Zone: 9 to 10
Name: T
BananaBucks : 52,351
Said "Thanks" 129 Times
Was Thanked 479 Times in 161 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 16 Times
Default PATUPI, beautiful bunch & tasting.

Hello, everyone.
So the cool temps are here & the banana bunches are coming in beautiful this year!
This is the best year I've ever had for Patupi. Though the 6 months of straight rain hit them really hard the first half of the year, this last half was perfect for the bananas.

This bunch featured was from a newly planted out sucker in Late march of this year. The only thing it was given was mounds of mulch around it.
The plant flowered in mid September(12th), and the bunch was ready around the end of October! From flag leaf to this bunch was 44 days.

This bunch is 52 pounds!
The fingers are the size of good Cavendish. It has 4 hands 60 fingers

Not Bad!!!
Patupi has come to be one of the top varieties that I grow. It is very carefree and is much more adapted to poor conditions than most bananas.

I'll post some pictures later of ripe fruit!

https://youtu.be/sPa7tzsIbhM

T.Farms
bananaT is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To bananaT
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors