View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 11:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
Tytaylor77
Banana Plants for Trade

Zone: 8b
Name: Ty
BananaBucks : 47,401
Said "Thanks" 4,612 Times
Was Thanked 3,726 Times in 1,185 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 424 Times
Default Re: Looking For: Pisang Raja, SH-3640, tu'u ghia

Exactly as Hector said! The Musa Green Red! Same plant. Different color. And they can revert back! The green can revert back to red if I remember correctly!

As for Musa Pisang Raja. It is NOT synonymous with Musa Verdin. That is confusing! I guess the second half of the name makes the difference! “Udang Hijau”

Pisang raja is an AAB variety from Asia. Very sweet and a very good banana! No tartness and a little tropical taste. Above average for sure. It is Not an AAA like Morado and Verdin.

I have an original verified and fruited clone that is almost exactly like a Mysore! Looks like a Mysore and even out grows a Mysore! If you have seen a picture of mine and Rob’s from HI. They are the same! Very beautiful and colorful plant!

I recently discovered a solid green/black Musa Pisang Raja! I just acquired it this year but will be comparing it to the colorful one. I have grown it and cultured it! For sure is not environmental! They are 2 entirely different looking plants! The Going Bananas clone is also green! They have little bits of red where the pedicle join the pstem but nothing like my original clone. Me and John was just talking about it! His is the Going Bananas clone and has no color! It’s all green and black!

I truly believe BOTH of these Pisang Raja clones are correct. However I will be comparing them side by side for differences.