Bananas.org

Welcome to the Bananas.org forums.

You're currently viewing our message boards as a guest which gives you limited access to participate in discussions and access our other features such as our wiki and photo gallery. By joining our community, you'll have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Go Back   Bananas.org > Banana Forum > Banana Plants Wanted
The Facebook Platform
Register Photo Gallery Classifieds Wiki Chat Map Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Banana Plants Wanted This is the forum where you may post about the types of banana plants you're looking to obtain, and in what quantities. Feel free to post a general "wish list" type thread where you list all the types of bananas that you're currently looking for, and continuously update it for best results.


Members currently in the chatroom: 0
The most chatters online in one day was 17, 09-06-2009.
No one is currently using the chat.

Reply   Email this Page Email this Page
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2018, 08:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
 
Location: Fort Myers, Florida
Zone: 10a
Name: Andrew
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 39
BananaBucks : 10,786
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 22 Times
Was Thanked 83 Times in 30 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Looking For: Pisang Raja, SH-3640, tu'u ghia

Self explanatory title. I have money or dwarf/tall brazillians for trade!
peacockfurr is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To peacockfurr

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:
   

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here


Sponsors

Old 10-18-2018, 08:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
 
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Zone: 9a
Name: Zach
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 153
BananaBucks : 13,562
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 414 Times
Was Thanked 173 Times in 96 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 45 Times
Default Re: Looking For: Pisang Raja, SH-3640, tu'u ghia

Is anyone actively growing Pisang Raja? There is no data in the Wiki, or in a forum search on that cultivar. ProMusa has limited information as well. I received a TC this season. But, you know how accurate TCs are..... If no other user is growing them, and I end up having it flower correctly, then I will be up for a trade at that time.
zfallon84 is online now   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To zfallon84
Said thanks:
Old 10-18-2018, 09:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
 
Location: Inverness, Florida
Zone: 9a
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 879
BananaBucks : 52,502
Feedback: 4 / 100%
Said "Thanks" 7 Times
Was Thanked 1,447 Times in 634 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Looking For: Pisang Raja, SH-3640, tu'u ghia

You can get both here. Catalog of banana trees and banana plants offered at Going Bananas
Botanical_Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Botanical_Bryce
Said thanks:
Old 10-18-2018, 05:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
 
Location: Fort Myers, Florida
Zone: 10a
Name: Andrew
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 39
BananaBucks : 10,786
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 22 Times
Was Thanked 83 Times in 30 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Looking For: Pisang Raja, SH-3640, tu'u ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfallon84 View Post
Is anyone actively growing Pisang Raja? There is no data in the Wiki, or in a forum search on that cultivar. ProMusa has limited information as well. I received a TC this season. But, you know how accurate TCs are..... If no other user is growing them, and I end up having it flower correctly, then I will be up for a trade at that time.
I'm not sure, I don't hear it talked about much, there is a poor taste review out there but that is very subjective. I know it is some people's favorite tasting banana also. The going bananas description is also relatively positive. I'd like to try it because I've heard the flavor is different, with orangeish flesh.
peacockfurr is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To peacockfurr
Said thanks:
Old 10-19-2018, 08:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
banana cereal killer
 
beam2050's Avatar
 
Location: middleburg fl.
Zone: 9
Name: walkinbeam
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,647
BananaBucks : 3,820
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 7,554 Times
Was Thanked 2,774 Times in 1,229 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 609 Times
Default Re: Looking For: Pisang Raja, SH-3640, tu'u ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfallon84 View Post
Is anyone actively growing Pisang Raja? There is no data in the Wiki, or in a forum search on that cultivar. ProMusa has limited information as well. I received a TC this season. But, you know how accurate TCs are..... If no other user is growing them, and I end up having it flower correctly, then I will be up for a trade at that time.
pisang raja== Puerto Rican verdin.
__________________
a few learned scholars call it a plant......

and 6 billion people would call it a tree



I root for 6 billion people
beam2050 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To beam2050
Said thanks:
Sponsors

Old 10-19-2018, 08:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
 
imclumbi's Avatar
 
Location: Davie, Florida
Zone: 10b
Name: John
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 440
BananaBucks : 26,318
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 511 Times
Was Thanked 677 Times in 228 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 6 Times
Default Re: Looking For: Pisang Raja, SH-3640, tu'u ghia

I'm growing Pisang Raja. Love them.
__________________
The Musa Muse - an all things banana and plantain forum.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Them...epa=SEARCH_BOX

John
imclumbi is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To imclumbi
Said thanks:
Old 10-19-2018, 09:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
 
Location: Fort Myers, Florida
Zone: 10a
Name: Andrew
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 39
BananaBucks : 10,786
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 22 Times
Was Thanked 83 Times in 30 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Looking For: Pisang Raja, SH-3640, tu'u ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by beam2050 View Post
pisang raja== Puerto Rican verdin.
I was under the impression the verdin was "green red" variety, AAA?
peacockfurr is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To peacockfurr
Said thanks:
Old 10-19-2018, 10:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
 
Location: Inverness, Florida
Zone: 9a
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 879
BananaBucks : 52,502
Feedback: 4 / 100%
Said "Thanks" 7 Times
Was Thanked 1,447 Times in 634 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Looking For: Pisang Raja, SH-3640, tu'u ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacockfurr View Post
I was under the impression the verdin was "green red" variety, AAA?
Me too
Botanical_Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Botanical_Bryce
Said thanks:
Old 10-20-2018, 04:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
banana cereal killer
 
beam2050's Avatar
 
Location: middleburg fl.
Zone: 9
Name: walkinbeam
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,647
BananaBucks : 3,820
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 7,554 Times
Was Thanked 2,774 Times in 1,229 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 609 Times
Default Re: Looking For: Pisang Raja, SH-3640, tu'u ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacockfurr View Post
I was under the impression the verdin was "green red" variety, AAA?
pisang raja in the wiki is listed as a synonym of the Puerto rican verdin. the exact synonym is musa pisang raja udang hijau.

AAA- red subgroup.

also read somewhere that it is a must have banana. excellent variety.

also believe I read that it is a mutation off the Puerto rican morado [plantain]



__________________
a few learned scholars call it a plant......

and 6 billion people would call it a tree



I root for 6 billion people

Last edited by beam2050 : 10-20-2018 at 05:20 AM.
beam2050 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To beam2050
Old 10-20-2018, 05:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
The Banana Gang Enforcer
 
HMelendez's Avatar
 
Zone: 10B-11
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2,752
BananaBucks : 133,057
Feedback: 5 / 100%
Said "Thanks" 11,104 Times
Was Thanked 5,244 Times in 1,610 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 737 Times
Default Re: Looking For: Pisang Raja, SH-3640, tu'u ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by beam2050 View Post
pisang raja in the wiki is listed as a synonym of the Puerto rican verdin. the exact synonym is musa pisang raja udang hijau.

AAA- red subgroup.

also read somewhere that it is a must have banana. excellent variety.

also believe I read that it is a mutation off the Puerto rican morado [plantain]







Musa Puerto Rican Verdin synonyms:


Guineo Blanco

Colorado Blanco

Green Red

Akadahn

Cuban Yellow

Green Dacca

Green Macaboo

Kluai Kung Khieo

Manalele4

Morado Verde

Moradong Puti

Pisang Mundam/Telor

Pisang Raja Udang Hijau

Rojo Verde



Musa Puerto Rican Verdin - Bananas Wiki



Musa PR Verdin has been in Nana festivals around the world and always comes as a top notch Nana Variety!....As Master Beam mentioned, an excellent Nana Variety!.....But be advise!....As part of the Red Subgroup, isn't cold hardy at all!.....One of my favorite!....





__________________
HMelendez is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To HMelendez
Old 10-20-2018, 07:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
 
Location: Fort Myers, Florida
Zone: 10a
Name: Andrew
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 39
BananaBucks : 10,786
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 22 Times
Was Thanked 83 Times in 30 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Looking For: Pisang Raja, SH-3640, tu'u ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMelendez View Post
Musa Puerto Rican Verdin synonyms:


Guineo Blanco

Colorado Blanco

Green Red

Akadahn

Cuban Yellow

Green Dacca

Green Macaboo

Kluai Kung Khieo

Manalele4

Morado Verde

Moradong Puti

Pisang Mundam/Telor

Pisang Raja Udang Hijau

Rojo Verde



Musa Puerto Rican Verdin - Bananas Wiki



Musa PR Verdin has been in Nana festivals around the world and always comes as a top notch Nana Variety!....As Master Beam mentioned, an excellent Nana Variety!.....But be advise!....As part of the Red Subgroup, isn't cold hardy at all!.....One of my favorite!....





Thanks for the info!
Very interesting! The TARS catalogue and guide to South Pacific bananas both list the Pisang Raja as AAB, with growth patterns that don't seem as lengthy as the red subgroup.
Thoughts?
I also made a general discussion post to talk about this.
peacockfurr is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To peacockfurr
Said thanks:
Old 10-20-2018, 08:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
The Banana Gang Enforcer
 
HMelendez's Avatar
 
Zone: 10B-11
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2,752
BananaBucks : 133,057
Feedback: 5 / 100%
Said "Thanks" 11,104 Times
Was Thanked 5,244 Times in 1,610 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 737 Times
Default Re: Looking For: Pisang Raja, SH-3640, tu'u ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacockfurr View Post
Thanks for the info!
Very interesting! The TARS catalogue and guide to South Pacific bananas both list the Pisang Raja as AAB, with growth patterns that don't seem as lengthy as the red subgroup.
Thoughts?
I also made a general discussion post to talk about this.



Some Pisangs are in AA Subgroup (example AAA Subgroup) while the Pisang Raja group itself is AAB Subgroup!......




__________________
HMelendez is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To HMelendez
Said thanks:
Old 10-20-2018, 11:42 AM   #13 (permalink)
 
Location: Central Texas
Zone: 8b, and also 9b
Name: Mudturkle
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 170
BananaBucks : 19,266
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 305 Times
Was Thanked 303 Times in 110 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 4 Times
Default Re: Looking For: Pisang Raja, SH-3640, tu'u ghia

So does that mean that "Dwarf Red Green" is the same as a dwarf Rojo Verde. (I knew what Rojo and Verde mean. I just didn't know that it was the same plant.)
__________________
Central Texas Zone 8B and Gulf Coast zone 9B: Raja Puri, Dw. Brazilian, Dw. Orinoco, Dw. NamWah, Manzano, Goldfinger?, Dw. Cavendish, Dw. Green?, Dw. Red? Dw. Iholena, Patupi, Tigua, Veinte Cohol, Misi Luki, FHIA-21 (so far).
Mudturkle is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Mudturkle
Said thanks:
Old 10-21-2018, 07:22 AM   #14 (permalink)
The Banana Gang Enforcer
 
HMelendez's Avatar
 
Zone: 10B-11
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2,752
BananaBucks : 133,057
Feedback: 5 / 100%
Said "Thanks" 11,104 Times
Was Thanked 5,244 Times in 1,610 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 737 Times
Default Re: Looking For: Pisang Raja, SH-3640, tu'u ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudturkle View Post
So does that mean that "Dwarf Red Green" is the same as a dwarf Rojo Verde. (I knew what Rojo and Verde mean. I just didn't know that it was the same plant.)


Yes!.....You are right!.....






__________________
HMelendez is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To HMelendez
Old 10-21-2018, 11:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banana Plants for Trade
 
Tytaylor77's Avatar
 
Location: East Texas
Zone: 8b
Name: Ty
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,346
BananaBucks : 33,072
Feedback: 11 / 100%
Said "Thanks" 4,547 Times
Was Thanked 3,641 Times in 1,162 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 423 Times
Default Re: Looking For: Pisang Raja, SH-3640, tu'u ghia

Exactly as Hector said! The Musa Green Red! Same plant. Different color. And they can revert back! The green can revert back to red if I remember correctly!

As for Musa Pisang Raja. It is NOT synonymous with Musa Verdin. That is confusing! I guess the second half of the name makes the difference! “Udang Hijau”

Pisang raja is an AAB variety from Asia. Very sweet and a very good banana! No tartness and a little tropical taste. Above average for sure. It is Not an AAA like Morado and Verdin.

I have an original verified and fruited clone that is almost exactly like a Mysore! Looks like a Mysore and even out grows a Mysore! If you have seen a picture of mine and Rob’s from HI. They are the same! Very beautiful and colorful plant!

I recently discovered a solid green/black Musa Pisang Raja! I just acquired it this year but will be comparing it to the colorful one. I have grown it and cultured it! For sure is not environmental! They are 2 entirely different looking plants! The Going Bananas clone is also green! They have little bits of red where the pedicle join the pstem but nothing like my original clone. Me and John was just talking about it! His is the Going Bananas clone and has no color! It’s all green and black!

I truly believe BOTH of these Pisang Raja clones are correct. However I will be comparing them side by side for differences.
__________________
150+ Varieties!!. See profile for list. Help me add more!
Tytaylor77 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Tytaylor77
Old 10-22-2018, 08:16 AM   #16 (permalink)
 
Location: Fort Myers, Florida
Zone: 10a
Name: Andrew
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 39
BananaBucks : 10,786
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 22 Times
Was Thanked 83 Times in 30 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Looking For: Pisang Raja, SH-3640, tu'u ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytaylor77 View Post
Exactly as Hector said! The Musa Green Red! Same plant. Different color. And they can revert back! The green can revert back to red if I remember correctly!

As for Musa Pisang Raja. It is NOT synonymous with Musa Verdin. That is confusing! I guess the second half of the name makes the difference! “Udang Hijau”

Pisang raja is an AAB variety from Asia. Very sweet and a very good banana! No tartness and a little tropical taste. Above average for sure. It is Not an AAA like Morado and Verdin.

I have an original verified and fruited clone that is almost exactly like a Mysore! Looks like a Mysore and even out grows a Mysore! If you have seen a picture of mine and Rob’s from HI. They are the same! Very beautiful and colorful plant!

I recently discovered a solid green/black Musa Pisang Raja! I just acquired it this year but will be comparing it to the colorful one. I have grown it and cultured it! For sure is not environmental! They are 2 entirely different looking plants! The Going Bananas clone is also green! They have little bits of red where the pedicle join the pstem but nothing like my original clone. Me and John was just talking about it! His is the Going Bananas clone and has no color! It’s all green and black!

I truly believe BOTH of these Pisang Raja clones are correct. However I will be comparing them side by side for differences.
Thanks for the awesome response ty! I'm trying to get my hands on the goingbananas clone. Hopefully I will be able to report back soon!
peacockfurr is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To peacockfurr

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:
   

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here


Sponsors

Old 10-22-2018, 10:35 AM   #17 (permalink)
banana cereal killer
 
beam2050's Avatar
 
Location: middleburg fl.
Zone: 9
Name: walkinbeam
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,647
BananaBucks : 3,820
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Said "Thanks" 7,554 Times
Was Thanked 2,774 Times in 1,229 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 609 Times
Default Re: Looking For: Pisang Raja, SH-3640, tu'u ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytaylor77 View Post
As for Musa Pisang Raja. It is NOT synonymous with Musa Verdin. That is confusing! I guess the second half of the name makes the difference! “Udang Hijau”

Pisang raja is an AAB variety from Asia. Very sweet and a very good banana! No tartness and a little tropical taste. Above average for sure. It is Not an AAA like Morado and Verdin.

I have an original verified and fruited clone that is almost exactly like a Mysore! Looks like a Mysore and even out grows a Mysore! If you have seen a picture of mine and Rob’s from HI. They are the same! Very beautiful and colorful plant!

I recently discovered a solid green/black Musa Pisang Raja! I just acquired it this year but will be comparing it to the colorful one. I have grown it and cultured it! For sure is not environmental! They are 2 entirely different looking plants! The Going Bananas clone is also green! They have little bits of red where the pedicle join the pstem but nothing like my original clone. Me and John was just talking about it! His is the Going Bananas clone and has no color! It’s all green and black!

I truly believe BOTH of these Pisang Raja clones are correct. However I will be comparing them side by side for differences.
well darn. thought I might have one one of those verdin ladies since I could not find it in the weekie.

got mine from floida hill.

but it is a beautiful plant. has an enormous base, at 5 ft. it is much larger than a milk jug. all green and kind of slow growing.

thanks ty. sometimes I would like to say something and be wrong than remain stupid.
__________________
a few learned scholars call it a plant......

and 6 billion people would call it a tree



I root for 6 billion people

Last edited by beam2050 : 10-22-2018 at 10:57 AM.
beam2050 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To beam2050
Reply   Email this Page Email this Page






Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for info on Tu'u Ghia Best day Main Banana Discussion 5 06-28-2018 12:43 AM
SH-3640, Manzano, Morado, Gros Michel, Pitogo, Pisang Raja, P. Jari Buaya for Sale tanfenton Banana Plants For Sale & Auction 8 07-26-2016 12:10 PM
Tu'u Ghia Taste Report robguz24 Main Banana Discussion 7 08-17-2015 12:25 PM
SH 3640 and Pisang Raja servatusprime Banana Plants For Sale & Auction 7 03-18-2015 09:29 PM
Pisang Raja and SH 3640 servatusprime Banana Plants For Sale & Auction 0 04-08-2014 07:11 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 PM.





Follow us:
Twitter YouTube

All content © Bananas.org & the respective author.