View Single Post
Old 07-28-2018, 11:41 AM   #16 (permalink)
bananotapplicable

Zone: 10b
BananaBucks : 10,809
Said "Thanks" 18 Times
Was Thanked 15 Times in 8 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Help on my gros michel and ice cream

Ok so here is my update. I wrote to them two days ago and have not heard back since. The last thing they said was that they assured me it was an ice cream banana tree. I mentioned how various members of a site I belong to claim otherwise, and asked if they would please explain why there might be these differing opinions, and also if they could clarify the differences between a young namwah and a young ice cream. Finally, I even suggested that perhaps their supplier made an error. I hoped that might allow the nursery to feel I wasn't pointing the finger at them and have them save face.

Anyway, the nursery is Sow Exotic in Winter Haven, Florida. To be clear, my goal isn't to have members here look badly on this nursery, but rather to have members here be aware of the possibility of mislabeling. Moreover, being that namwah is a very desirable variety, I'm not even compelled to ask for a refund, and the tree is doing very well. I will just be more careful next time and probably look elsewhere.

Thanks to everyone on bananas.org who have assisted me in my questions. I feel welcomed here as a new member and look forward to continuing posts and learning with the community.
bananotapplicable is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To bananotapplicable
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors