Thread: Old man winter
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 10:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
aruzinsky

Zone: 6a (10 miles east of 5b)
Name: Steve
BananaBucks : 160,470
Said "Thanks" 15 Times
Was Thanked 784 Times in 316 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 5 Times
Default Re: Old man winter

Actually, temperature-wise, I am more comfortable in the Winter than in the Summer. And, I really enjoy walking in falling snow before it accumulates too much.

But, I dislike removing snow from my sidewalks and I curse people who don't remove snow from their sidewalks. In particular, businesses with parking lots, e.g., gas stations and strip malls, plow slow onto their sidewalks thereby forcing pedestrians to walk in the streets.

On Christmas Eve, my 420,000 BTU/hr. steam boiler permanently broke down. To buy myself time and keep my water pipes from freezing, I bought a 30,000 BTU/hr. ventless gas heater from Menards and installed it in my basement. I also installed electric space heaters in my two bathrooms. This arrangement works surprisingly well, but, I didn't know what to expect, therefore I had much anxiety. I think I can hold out until Spring. Unlike Donald Trump, I hate dealing with contractors (to get a new boiler). Dealing with contractors is now the greatest source of my mental stress. My doctor gave me a prescription for clonazepam.
aruzinsky is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To aruzinsky
Said thanks: