View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 10:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
cincinnana
container grower

Zone: HZ 6/5 Microclimate - Elevation 750 feet- 228.60 meters
BananaBucks : 597
Said "Thanks" 3,865 Times
Was Thanked 11,705 Times in 4,870 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,943 Times
Default Re: New to Bananas and need some Winter Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29vivian View Post
Ok, well since this is my first year with bananas, I figured why not experiment a little to see what will work best in my situation. If you remember from my pictures above I had 4 pods of plants growing. I went ahead and chose a single plant from each pod to dig out and store for the winter. The rest I cut off to the ground and mulched over them as best I could. when chopping off the extras, I seemed to have cut one too deep and it came out with some roots attached. I went ahead and kept this one also, not sure if it will make it or not, but worth a try. Now you can see that I have been left with 5 plants which I have in a planter in my garage, still debating on whether or not to bring them into my basement as I know my garage will get below freezing. The only protection I have to offer them which is not shown in the pictures, is that I have wrapped them in a big movers blanket, not sure if that will make any difference either.

I did throw in one extra picture of my 10 year old to show the size of the leaves my plants were producing at the end of the season.

I would still love to hear any feedback or advice any of the members are willing to give. Thanks again!
Sounds like a plan...I have some room to store some barefoot if you need.