View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 04:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
WonderKeeper

Zone: Zone 9 The Bay Area, California
BananaBucks : 8,416
Said "Thanks" 15 Times
Was Thanked 39 Times in 22 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default What do we call this variety banana in U.S.A?

In Viet Nam is was very popular dessert banana back in 90.Back then ,everywhere you go at restaurants or people homes ,they would served this type of banana as dessert. In Viet Nam ,we call it chuối gi hương and Place in Da Lat ,they named it Laba. I am not sure it is the same variety,because I have not taste Laba Banana yet. chuối gi hương is a banana that has thin long cure up with square edges. It stay green even when fully ripe, very sweet and super fragrant. It was listed on group #1 of Laba variety in Viet Nam. I visited Viet Nam many times ,but can not find this variety any more. I do some web search and here is the link that have some picture of it. Đ€ L*T RAU & HOA the yellow banana is somewhat in group #2 ot#3 of Laba Banana.

The Philippines somewhat they have similar variety . They called it Bungulan here is the the link Banana In The Philippines: Anything You Need To Know About Banana In The Philippines

All I know at this time is that chuối gi hương is in a group of AAA+ banana,but not sure exactly its true name.

Dose anyone know the name of this type of banana ? Is anyone in U.S.A have this variety in your banana collection? Please share picture of your banana tree and fruits . Thanks

Last edited by WonderKeeper : 08-16-2017 at 04:32 AM.
WonderKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To WonderKeeper
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors