View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 05:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
redswe

Zone: 9b
BananaBucks : 23,171
Said "Thanks" 29 Times
Was Thanked 91 Times in 40 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 53 Times
Default Re: Malted Barley tea

Definitely not minor, I started using it on problem plants , you know sometimes you have plants that you are ready to pitch cause they just are not doing well... I grow Brugmansia's and I trade alot of cuttings I usually have extra cuttings Ill just stick in a 1 gal pot and eventually give away , so I had 3 or 4 that had been sitting around totally root bound that had small leaves and looked pathetic, One application and within a few weeks they put out new growth similar to when you pot up , nice big dark green leaves, I tried it on my tomatoes and got steller results ,, My jabitacoba doubled in size over the winter.
Its about enzymes and making the NPK available to the plant , and for about 10c per application the risk reward is pretty good LOL

The plant Im most excited about is my Brodgon Avocado grown from seed that has never flowered I have given it 3 applications since january and It has finally flowered.
One of the only things I have ever used that a got results that far exceed what I expected
Try it on something your about to give up on , best buck I have ever spent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
This will provide a usable source of carbohydrates and a minor growth hormonal effect. It is not a significant source of nutrients (NPK etc.).
Said thanks: