View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 09:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kat2

Zone: 10A or 9B ish. Like it matters?
BananaBucks : 240,735
Said "Thanks" 2,921 Times
Was Thanked 2,669 Times in 1,322 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 595 Times
Default 4.5 ft blood orange blooms like crazy

sets fruit and ends up producing 3 or 4 fruits--this year it looks like only 1.

It's been in the ground for 3 years or so. I know it's not watered or fertilized; I have been trying to remedy that with generic MG and deep watering every 2 days because it's very dry here. (Not my plant.) It had that black soot on leaves which I cleaned off; it came back. I read that was due to aphids; I have sprayed it, with owner's permission, with bug b gone or something like that. I know it's too late for more fruit this year but would like to make it produce better next year.

There are dead branches I can prune and 1 that's crossed that needs to be cut but what else and when? Are there citrus tree spikes? Or how else do you increase nutrients? Leaves are green but formed fruits dropped off so I'm assuming it needs more food or something.

Selfish question--I'm trying to learn about citrus for me also.

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors