View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 12:58 AM   #438 (permalink)
Sharonp1953

BananaBucks : 3,278
Said "Thanks" 18 Times
Was Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Climate change hoax exposed?

Oh please.....why so nasty? This does not help. We all have the right to our opinions. Harvey, you are right that solar is available to most, but not within the reach of all. And it is great that you have made the investment. We too have solar and produce all our power and sell some to the grid to repay the money we invested. Momoese is also right and clearly is taking as many steps as he is able to reduce his own carbon footprint. And Harvey, he did say locally-grown organically, not just organic from anywhere.

Personally I don't care if people agree or disagree as long as they take action. The irony is that in most cases over the mid-term personal action also results in personal savings. If we all grew our own organic veggies and took personal responsibility, where it is possible, for power, water collection and recycling, recycling of plastics etc., suitable disposal of waste and a bit more thought about the vehicles we drive and when and where we drive, that alone would make a HUGE difference, and we would save money. And Momoese, Harvey is 100% right that production of meat for human consumption could, if all non-vegetarians ate meat no more than twice a week, and then only organic, grass-fed, the reduction in methane would take care of most of the reductions in carbon needed, and as a bi-product would free up resources to feed most, if not all of the world's poor.
I am a supporter of personal responsibility, I also believe we abuse our planet in ways too numerous to mention. I am ashamed to be Australian based on our current Administration's horrible environmental performance. There is no excuse for our country being responsible for such dreadful pollution, and for exporting that pollution (in the form of coal, coal-seam gas and uranium) to the rest of the world. But, all that said, we do need to work together, fighting and parrying insults will never get us to where we need to be.
Harvey, I am grateful that you do what you can to save money and resources, good on you. I ask that you at least think of what more you can do, because there are reasons other than climate change for stopping heavy pollution from industry, personal behaviour and particularly agricultural production. Air quality, preservation and restoration of green spaces, improvement in the quality and freshness of food by buying local, pesticide-free produce, clean, chemical-free drinking water, and hundreds of other examples of ways in which the quality of your health, your life and that of your personal environment can be improved. Oh, and if we are right about climate change, you will be helping that without even trying. I keep asking the question, what do you have to lose?

Find me on the map!

Last edited by Sharonp1953 : 01-08-2014 at 01:00 AM.
Sharonp1953 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Sharonp1953