View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 12:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
Magilla Gorilla

Zone: 10
Name: Andrew
BananaBucks : 207,325
Said "Thanks" 612 Times
Was Thanked 1,183 Times in 357 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 79 Times
Default Re: Hawaii move update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalmatiansoap View Post
Its an UPDATE time Andrew!

Let us know....
Aloha Ante,

I hope all is well with you. First I will say dreams do come true! My wife and I planned this trip for over two years. Secondaly, moving sucks! I hope to never move again. It was the most stressful experience we ever encountered. What complicated it was we rented our house out in Santa Barbara since we didnt need to sell it. If we had sold our house we would have just left. Instead, we did a bathroom remodel, a kitchen remodel and I needed to make sure the 16 sprinkler valves and two timers were running perfectly. I left behind around 400 varieties of tropicals. By completing the remodel we were able to rent our house out in a few hours and for more money. It's rented for two years with a nice older couple.

We also moved our business and my previous staff were supposed to help pack and they did such a crapy job I got five hours of sleep in five days. My already bad spine got a beating!
We had two kids, two cats and 14 checked bags and boxes. I imported around 300 plants. That was fun! My wife said, don't complain as you chose that. It was a lot of work getting plants cleaned, removing the soil, getting inspected in Santa Barbara to get a phyto and getting inspected in Kona.

All of our furniture was damaged and some items were destroyed. My 89 Corvette had the car behind it in the container break loose and smash into it the entire boat ride over. Im fighting with Matson.

I always wanted a palm tree lined driveway!

The house is great with over an acre and an ocean view. The weather is great! I am blown away with the daily growth I witness. My plants love it here. The property has 10 coffee trees, many papayas, guava, star fruit, Lilikoi, palms, apple bananas, grape fruit, orange, lime, lemon and about 50 pineapple plants.
Life is great!

Find more about Weather in Kailua Kona, HI
Magilla Gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Magilla Gorilla
Said thanks: