View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
Madeline

Zone: Zone 9
BananaBucks : 3,430
Said "Thanks" 1 Times
Was Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 7 Times
Default Re: Question on this banana and some pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robguz24 View Post
If you were depending on 2 to pollinate, you only need one. Mine wasn't fruiting, but flowering like crazy. I learned you can easily hand pollinate with a small paint brush. Just do it twice per day. I started doing that a few weeks ago and am now getting fruit for the first time!
I'm very interested in your reply. I can't get a picture of the flower. Is it the funny looking little brownish like leaves that lay on each other? It's about 4 years old, I grew them from seeds and hoped it would have fruit. Do I use the paint brush on top of the leaves of under or both. I would love to have some fruit to eat, and seeds to plant.

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors