View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #1039 (permalink)
lkailburn

Zone: 5a
BananaBucks : 17,364
Said "Thanks" 7 Times
Was Thanked 176 Times in 106 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 4 Times
Default Re: My Aero~Garden...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jananas Bananas View Post
No Luke, I took them out - they had gotten too tall for it. In taking them out I damaged one pretty badly and lost it, the other two were doing OK, but not nearly as well as when they were in the AG. They have now lost all their leaves and I don't know if they will regrow them or not. So far there is still green under the brown skin of the bark so I am guessing that they are still living. But like you said, they are so easy to grow and I have so many seeds still, I am not going to worry too much about them until Spring. I think most people that don't live in tropical type climates just treat them as annuals. I may start a few then set them outside to see how they do here.

How are your Goji doing?

~J

Aw i hear you. same happened to mine. I was growing them in a mini-greenhouse but as soon as i potted them up and moved them to a new(cooler) location with less light they dropped all of their leaves. I figured it would just be easier to start some new seed in the spring.
Goji are doing well, i need to actually pot them up again, as they still tend to dry out before i get to them and so i've had to prune off some dead branches but i suppose that may encourage more. they are in 32oz yogurt containers. the problem is as i pot things up i have less and less space!! My goal is to keep them happy until spring and then pot them up in a large container and let them grow outside all season, and actually try to keep them out for the winter on the porch.

-Luke
lkailburn is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To lkailburn
Said thanks: