View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 06:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Jack Daw
I think with my banana ;)

Zone: Dfa (Köppen-geiger) <-> 7b/8a? (USDA)
Name: Jack
BananaBucks : 209,153
Said "Thanks" 2,771 Times
Was Thanked 2,461 Times in 1,355 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 383 Times
Default Re: Ways to Save the Earth

The one day I drop in to check what's new and you post this sort of thread.
Great... now I have to reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hollyberry Lady View Post
The decade of the 1990's was the warmest ever recorded, partcularly the end of the decade. By 2100, global warming will have brought major changes. The earth's average temperature will have risen between 3° and 9°F.
I'm not so sure that warmer planet is something to fear of, unless it swings to the hot-house effect, it swinged into, during so many aeons. I would argue that as long as there's enough water, there's no problem. But as the water runs tight, desertification starts. And that's what we as a species should be focusing on. Preventing green plains from becoming deserts and reverting deserts to green plains.
We'll see, but the fact is, that this year we've had the longest summer since 1950's and the ice cover in Arctic was at a historical minimum (since it is being measured)...
But with all the fuzz with social, moral, economical situation in the "civilised world", I guess it's the last concern. Or the one that will take many years to show itself in a true form.
Quote:
To avoid contributing to global warming, have your engine regularly serviced (carburetor, ignition, air filter) by a professional. With a properly tuned engine, you will reduce your vehicle's polluting emissions by 20% and save up to 10% on fuel.
I'm not sure weather car exhausts are the prime driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the flying dutchman View Post
Thanks, it is too late I think, Al Gore said it, my country will disappear under water. It is dunno with the Dutch.

Ron..
Fortunatelly, it will take a century and it will be gradual, allowing people to relocate.

Quote:
Many of the world's problems will in fact be solved by cutting-edge design and technology. The goods and experiences that replace our unsustainable practices will be of much higher quality than what we know today.
But for that the society needs to focus on educating young people, guide them morally, ethically, socially, ... and dare I say it (I mean it in a different way that it sounds)... to collectivness, not selfless individuallism.

Zeitgeist - Corporatocracy 101 (~2hrs)

Zeitgeist - Moving Forward (~2.5hrs)

Last edited by Jack Daw : 10-29-2011 at 06:41 AM.
Jack Daw is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Jack Daw
Said thanks: