View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 10:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
ron_mcb
PlantamAAn

Zone: 8
BananaBucks : 94,936
Said "Thanks" 396 Times
Was Thanked 496 Times in 242 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 25 Times
Default Re: blue java vs orinoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe15 View Post
I'm not sure I really understand what your question is, but 'Ice Cream' is not a sport of 'Orinoco', they are very different plants.
i knew i remember reading something similar to this from two separate websites. ..... i remember reading it on a well known website the author of that particular website said specifically Orinoco but i wont elaborate any further....this website says that ice cream is a relative of bluggo but anyways this a link to where i read this:

Banana

we've already established that this is probably not accurate information.... ice cream is not related to bluggoe/ orinoco bananas.. i just ran across this same article today. thought i would post it.

thank you guys for setting me straight.

this article is also where i got the idea that gran nain can be identified by its non persistent male flowers (flowers between the fruits and terminal bud shed) .. dwarf Cavendish according to the author has persistent male flowers between the fruits and terminal bud.. im testing to see if this is also not true.

Last edited by ron_mcb : 09-17-2010 at 10:28 PM. Reason: spelling
ron_mcb is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To ron_mcb