Thread: ebay cal gold
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 09:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
harveyc
Been nuts, gone bananas

Zone: 9b
Name: Harvey
BananaBucks : 260,662
Said "Thanks" 6,024 Times
Was Thanked 4,453 Times in 1,894 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,785 Times
Default Re: ebay cal gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Well, I will agree with you that it is worth whatever someone pays for it. I'm a firm believer in capitalism and free enterprise, and have no gripe with that at all. I'm just saying that what he's offering is not a form of Musa balbisiana, so he is misrepresenting his product. That's really not uncommon these days either, unfortunately.

When you say that they are reliable fruit producers, I don't see any mention of that in his auction. Besides, if it is Musa balbisiana, then it would be full of seeds.

By the way, looks like he was asking too much...it went unsold.
Bigdog, I see now that we are talking about two different things. This thread started out with one of Jeff Earl's California Gold eBay auctions and then a link to another and then the original poster (STEELVIPER) posted a link to an eBay auction for a Musa 'Black Beauty' starting at $80 by an entirely different seller. That auction did not receive any bids so it was too high of an asking price, I'll readily agree. On the other hand, Jeff Earl has started his California Gold pup auctions for $29 and every one has gone for way more than that. Sorry for the misunderstanding on my part.

I thought you were talking of California Gold which has been discussed here a lot in the past. I'm a new member of the forum here, but have lurked around. CG was discussed in a long thread last year, including this thread. It got a bit controversial beginning with post #22 (IMO) and your name even came up shortly after that by mikevan. Last California Gold of the year!!!

Cheers,

Harvey