View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 02:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Hollyberry Lady

BananaBucks : 1,299,016
Said "Thanks" 12,042 Times
Was Thanked 11,326 Times in 5,311 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 102 Times
Wink Re: "Amythest Beautyberry" shrub...

I was going to do some gardening but it's just raining too damn hard out there now.

: (

So great you got the cuttings Pen! I think they actually might root ok in a glass of water too, and I'm one for experimenting. I told Bob and I'll tell you also - not to worry if the cuttings don't make it. I've rooted them with success before so I know mine will take and I can send you an already rooted one later, if yours don't. Have fun experimenting.

Feel free to cut that one cutting down that looks kind of like a branch. Maybe it will root as is though - don't know. Do what you think is best. Maybe stick a cutting or two into soil however in case the ones in water don't make it. Some cuttings won't root in water, but who knows with these. They might. Let us know...

I decided to take the bag cover off my cuttings in the big pot and see what would happen, knowing I have more cuttings right outside the front door if they wilted and died. Here they are with no cover all day today...

: )
The Hollyberry Lady is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To The Hollyberry Lady
Said thanks: