View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 11:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
LilRaverBoi
Nanner Time!

Zone: 5
Name: Bryan
BananaBucks : 113,877
Said "Thanks" 534 Times
Was Thanked 2,243 Times in 1,245 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 855 Times
Send a message via AIM to LilRaverBoi
Default Re: WHY are posts weeks/months apart being merged ?

Though I explained this to you previously on your thread, I'll reiterate my points. Post merging is done to simplify the forums so people reading through know that each new 'post' is a new person talking (rather than the same person) and to keep everything well-organized. It's actually very common that people on this site post consecutively with multiple quotes, to add information they forgot to put in the original (rather than editing the first post) or even to post additional information weeks/months later directly after one of their previous posts to 'bump' their thread to the top of the list for more views (which isn't a time-line sort of situation). Therefore, these things get merged to organize/simplify the forums. Again, it was not my intention to mess up your time-line, but rather, to keep the forums looking organized and easy to browse. Normally, others respond to a thread after the last update, so in most situations you wouldn't be consecutively posting anyway. It's nearly impossible to know when the thread creator was trying to retain a time-line in their thread. Therefore, if this is your intention, please either keep your own notes in a notebook on what was done when or take a few seconds to type in the date when posting consecutively. Again, the thread merging keeps the forums organized and easy to read.

And on a further note, I can see you are upset here, but I don't really appreciate my actions being described as "idiotic & lazy." The merging was not done to purposefully mess up your time-line, so attacks are not necessary. It seems you're letting your emotions run the show and this is being blown out of proportion. Let's keep this calm and professional, please.

It's not really an efficacious use of the moderators' time to scrutinize every single consecutive post to determine whether there is a time-line to preserve or ask the poster if it's okay to merge them. They simply get merged to keep things organized. Again, this is not a purposeful action against anyone....the site is not a journal, it's a forum.
RIP Tog Tan. We love you and will always remember you!
I'm Bryan with a Y! There is no 'I' in BRYAN!

Last edited by LilRaverBoi : 04-25-2010 at 11:24 AM.
LilRaverBoi is offline   Send A Private Message To LilRaverBoi