View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 06:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
Jack Daw
I think with my banana ;)

Zone: Dfa (Köppen-geiger) <-> 7b/8a? (USDA)
Name: Jack
BananaBucks : 209,363
Said "Thanks" 2,771 Times
Was Thanked 2,461 Times in 1,355 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 383 Times
Default Re: Any interesting bananas in Bali?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Eat all you can while you're there but don't try to bring any plants back. Being arrested at Customs is no fun.
*jokingly* I beg to differ. At least Brittish customs are fine. I was being held for about 45 minutes. It took some time to explain, why I carry spezialized army weaponry (Kyzliar). But it ended up well. How bad could it be with plants? *jokingly*

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoese View Post
Hunt down some FEi's and mail them to yourself.
Definitely not a good idea. I just watched a document about a guy from New York. He was mailing himself drugs from Malaysia (coka I think) and ever since then (1987) any packages from tropical countries are submitted for manual check-ins (manual unpacking, seeing what's inside, packing). At least that's what the document said. So you might just as well take that corm with you on the plane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
What is FEi's, momoese?
Sorry, not too familiar with the abbreviations used in this forum.
FEi is a type of banana that likes hot and dry climates and is likely to succeed in various desert type climates in USA (if I remembered well).
Some threads about FEis are here:
French Polynesia

Gabe15's threads about FEis:
fe'i bananas in Manoa Valley
Musa 'Aiuri', fe'i banana

And Gabe15's definition of FEi bananas:
Quote:
fe'i bananas are a group of cooking bananas belonging to the subgenera Australimusa (as opposed to Eumusa as is the case with other edible bananas) and evolved completely separate from the bananas we are most familiar with. They were once an important food, but have been replaced by other crops and are harder to come by these days, the plants are virtually unknown in the horticulture trade and rare to see even in botanic gardens. They generally have erect bunches and fruits with a bright orange pulp.

Zeitgeist - Corporatocracy 101 (~2hrs)

Zeitgeist - Moving Forward (~2.5hrs)

Last edited by Jack Daw : 02-11-2010 at 06:24 AM.
Jack Daw is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Jack Daw
Said thanks: