View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 10:41 PM   #217 (permalink)
Rmplmnz
Banana Patch Attendent

Zone: 10
Name: Rmplmnz
BananaBucks : 117,724
Said "Thanks" 2,246 Times
Was Thanked 2,348 Times in 636 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 36 Times
Thumbs up Re: Reminder about offensive content

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyc View Post
Not in a big way, I'm a little perturbed that a bunch of non-banana photos have pushed my ripe banana bunch off of the main page. They are nice plants, but not a single plant being displayed on the home page banner right now is a banana. There ought to be a law... I wonder if maybe a photo should have to have a keyword "banana" to pop up there. Thoughts?

Not to jump in the mix on this one...just a general comment about the picture volume and an opportunity to throw out a compliment in particular to Jarred and the growth of the forum. I remember when the same pics would stay on the home page for days on end...some threads limped along with an occasional post. Not anymore.

There have been a few eerrrrr..........occasional "differences in opinion"....but wow what a job Jarred and the other moderators have done in controlling/limiting the flaming. Gardeners are so #@*&^%$ opinionated. I recall almost getting kicked off another board (exaggeration) over getting in to a discussion about the hazards of parasites in animal manure within a compost pile (not that it is relevant; but I dismissed the idea as being insignificant. I can not even recall the name of the parasite we discussed).

We all searched through other forums/web sites looking for more "Banana" specific sites. Never enough "Banana" discussions to satiate the quest for knowledge. I have added more cultivars (some are mush now) to my collection in 2009 than in any other single year (I have been growing bananas for over 40 years). Not to mention all of the great people (many in person; way more than I would have thought) I have met.

Kudos to Jarred, the other moderators and the "entire membership base (even the ones i do not always agree with!

Rmplmnz is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Rmplmnz
Said thanks: