View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 12:10 PM   #178 (permalink)
momoese
Banana grower

Zone: zone 10
BananaBucks : 2,735
Said "Thanks" 3,747 Times
Was Thanked 10,888 Times in 3,311 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 728 Times
Default Re: Reminder about offensive content

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy4ut View Post
If I want to talk about other topics with folks, I use a site like Facebook or MySpace. This site is for sharing information on growing and caring for bananas and other plants.
While id like to see the needless bickering end as well it's people saying exactly this ^^ that really bothers me. Why do you and others keep suggesting to talk about other things elsewhere when Jarred was kind enough to provide us with a place to talk right here, with people we already know and respect?

Quote:
As far as pictures go, I have been amazed at what some people upload in our, bananas.org's, picture gallery! Why don't you use a photosharing site like Photobucket to store pics and save this site's gallery for its intended purpose. Photobucket is free and is easy to use that I can even use it!! You can always link a pic off photobucket to a thread and not have it downloaded here. Sure would have kept this crap from ever happening in the first place!!!
Agreed and the people who uploaded pictures here have already said they were sorry, enough already!

Quote:
Many VERY knowledgable people have left this site because of how some of you are acting right now and I honestly cannot blame them, but I am still hopeful that there are enough of us "old timers" here that can help get everyone on the same page.
While I don't doubt this do you have any proof of it? Sometimes people get bored and move on to other things/places.

Quote:
All I want is for people to respect one another and treat each other kindly!!!
That would be great!

Quote:
Okay, now that is off my chest, have a good day and lets talk BANANAS!!!
And other things in the Tiki Hut
momoese is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To momoese
Said thanks: