Banana Spring Rolls
BANANA SPRING ROLLS (berangan)
3 tbsp plain flour
Water to mix
1 bunch ripe cooking bananas (Pisang Raja, Abu or Awak)
Frozen spring roll sheets
Oil for frying
(No quantities for this recipe – just make as many as you want/need.)
1. Before starting to wrap the bananas, make a sealing paste by mixing just enough water to the flour to make a thick paste.
2. Peel bananas and slice lengthwise into 0.5 cm slices.
3. Place a sheet of spring roll in front of you, diagonally. Place a few slices of banana and fold to enclose them. Fold the two sides towards the middle and seal the edge with a dab of sealing paste. Make as many rolls as you need.
4. Heat oil to a depth of 5 cm (either in a saucepan or wok) over medium heat and fry a few rolls at a time, till golden brown – this will take 2 – 3 minutes. Remove rolls as they cook onto a paper-lined basket.
5. Serve warm. Dust with a little icing sugar before serving, if you like. These are great as teatime treats. They are also easily “glamourized” – to serve them as dessert, drizzle with a fruit or chocolate sauce. A scoop of vanilla ice cream also goes brilliantly with this.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8,
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
All content © Bananas.org & the respective author.