View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 03:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
edd82

BananaBucks : 22,927
Said "Thanks" 1 Times
Was Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Storing bananas in a Cold space for the winter

Sorry admin I know you moved me to the European section but I think this question deserves a wider audience since not just people in Europe have to deal with the cold!

So I ask again, has anyone tried storing their bananas in the loft (roof space) during the winter? I've read that many of you guys n gals in the US dig up your nanas, remove the mud from the roots and store them under the house for the winter. Apparently they go into a type of stasis and will come to life again in the spring. Has anyone any idea what temps they need for this method to be successful and whether I could do this in the UK?

Thanks and sorry for repeating myself but I really think this is an important question as many of us need to know different ways of getting our precious bananas through the winter so please don't move me again admin
edd82 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To edd82

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors