View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 03:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
JoeS475
Winter Sucks...

Zone: 6-7
Name: Joe
BananaBucks : 100,659
Said "Thanks" 7 Times
Was Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Flamethrower Palm

I was at a local nursery with a greenhouse the other day, and happened to find a couple of large Flamethrower Palms there. The plants are well established and large, with leaves easily reaching 5 feet long. One of the plants has its new leaf emerging, a brilliant red, which immediately makes it one of the most beautiful palms I've seen. Coupled with the fact it's $44, I'm essentially sold, as long as I can find a way to get this giant home in freezing NJ (I have a new sunroom it can live in during the winter).

I was wondering if any of you have one of these and if you can give me some tips for care! I'm getting good with bananas, but I'm not confident with palms whatsoever.

Do a google image search with the scientific name Chambeyronia macrocarpa for pictures, its beautiful!

TIA,

~Joe

JoeS475 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To JoeS475

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors