View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 05:28 AM   #36 (permalink)
Jack Daw
I think with my banana ;)

Zone: Dfa (Köppen-geiger) <-> 7b/8a? (USDA)
Name: Jack
BananaBucks : 209,355
Said "Thanks" 2,771 Times
Was Thanked 2,461 Times in 1,355 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 383 Times
Default Re: Wish me good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmpje View Post
Hello friends,

i haven't been on the forum for a while due to some medical problems.

however, i have a question for you guys. Can anybody tell me what i should do,

there is still almost no growth in my musas i brought home. i've extracted them from the soil and i noticed almost no root development.

i did put them in pots now, and brought them inside the house. the themperature inside is 20 degrees, and they are close to a window, thus having much light. outside temps are droping around 14 - 19° C. in the night i think it even cools down more.

i did this because i was thinking that a constant temperature will be better for the growth.

alsow i made the soil moist with water and a fertile solution ( cow fertilizer ).

i hope to finaly see some growth now, would be a pity to move everything to the recycle bin.
Good thing you took them inside, although the transplant didn't surely do any good.
THe first problem I encountered with my plants was the wake up time, which I think was due to the cold soil we had hereearly in the season.
The second very important thing to know is, that bananas will start growing, when the soil reaches certain higher temperatures, as if it was several hot days in a row and thesoils warms up.
The third thing to remember is that corms with undeveloped roots don't process water, thus it makes them vulnerable to watering. The mroe you irrigate or water, the worse it will be. Your soil should always be slightly moist, but never wet.

And then there's final advice - wait and wait and wait. Nothing to do there. It will wake up when it wakes up.

Zeitgeist - Corporatocracy 101 (~2hrs)

Zeitgeist - Moving Forward (~2.5hrs)
Jack Daw is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Jack Daw