View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 09:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
The Hollyberry Lady

BananaBucks : 1,299,219
Said "Thanks" 12,042 Times
Was Thanked 11,326 Times in 5,311 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 102 Times
Default Re: Bug and Pest Ridding Tips...

More of my information...

If the one soapy shower doesn't work to rid them and you see them back within an 8-10 hour period, then it's time to give another soapy shower again, and so on.

Once you have rid them completely, be sure to shower with hard blasts of water as often as needed to keep them from returning. Check the leaves with a fine tooth comb, to make sure they are all gone from your plant.

If you are consistent and regular, they will never have an opportunity to build back up repeatedly. Again, be sure to get the undersides of the leaves most especialy because this is where a lot of the bugs are. Sometimes too when you're showering, you can use your fingers to go over the leaves and new shoots that aphids are clinging to and rub them off. Between your fingers and the hard spray of water, it is easy to make your plant completely bug and egg free. Once their off, it is even easier to prevent their return using nothing but consistent sprays of water.

I've been practicing these methods for years now and just I cringe when I hear of other people having the same problems that I used to have, and turning to expensive and half of the time useless, chemical pesticides! I know you will never have to buy a bottle of that crap again if you just take the time to shower your plants on an on-going basis.

They will grow better too because they like to be refreshed and have their leaves clean. I used to have mites everywhere, and aphids galore, to the point where I was spending 50 bucks a week on bottles of insecticides to spray my many plants with. It was absolutely ridiculous, and now that I know what I know, I refuse to spend even one dollar on them.

Just recently, they have been banned from Ontario, but I could care less because I have no use for them anyway and can protect my plants without them. You guys can too.

: )
The Hollyberry Lady is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To The Hollyberry Lady
Said thanks: