View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 04:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
summerandjosh
Banana addict...

Zone: 8
Name: Summer
BananaBucks : 14,322
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 29 Times in 8 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1 Times
Default Can anyone tell what's wrong with my ensete?

Top two pics taken 6/2/09
Planted in the ground, they had been living in pots for the last year. I cannot tell if I have a variegated or if the leaves are just acting funny. This one started off with just the leaves having a 'rippled' effect then once it grew quite a bit the leaves just seemed to not develop all the way once they were unfurled. They would either be torn or would have sections missing like they were never developed correctly.

Bottom two pics taken 8/5/09
They have been planted in the ground for 2 months and after a 2 week long battle with caterpillars (which I don't think is the cause of the weird leaves, because they were like this before the caterpillars) I was hoping the leaves would start developing all the way. But no such luck yet... Any ideas?

Middle pic taken today 8/26/09 to show how it only grows in one direction...

Any help/advice is very much appreciated, Thanks!

Summer and Josh

Last edited by summerandjosh : 08-26-2009 at 09:44 PM.
summerandjosh is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To summerandjosh

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors